Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get Csp twice?

tag
jaraico
Regular Contributor

Can you get Csp twice?

Closed mine 12/13 can I apply for a new one? And get bonus? 

Thanks 

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Re: Can you get Csp twice?

Not sure if you can get the bonus if you're already a customer with them (Freedom card)

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 2 of 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

As far as I know, not the CSP twice and no on the bonus either.  I bluntly asked my local banker and that's what he said...I have seen some members w/ CS & CSP w/ sign up bonuses though.  Citi, on the other hand, you can get multiple AAdvantage cards as I've read in other threads.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 9
Networth
Frequent Contributor

In short, no. I have heard of people having luck after two years but that was when they had MC and Visa versions.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 4 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

you can reapply but you will not get the bonus.

Chase has changed their T&C recently.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-card.aspx

40,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $3,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 9
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

I actually closed my CSP MasterCard about a little over a month ago and earlier this week I just applied for a new CSP (now a Visa).  I got approved but I am not sure if I will get the bonus or not, will find out in about 3 months and if I can spend the required amount of $3000.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 6 of 9
jaraico
Regular Contributor

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

I actually closed my CSP MasterCard about a little over a month ago and earlier this week I just applied for a new CSP (now a Visa).  I got approved but I am not sure if I will get the bonus or not, will find out in about 3 months and if I can spend the required amount of $3000.

i dont believe the master card is available anymore because i totally would have done it already lol

those 40 k points make me drool

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Message 7 of 9
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@jaraico wrote:

i dont believe the master card is available anymore because i totally would have done it already lol

those 40 k points make me drool

Correct.  Chase isn't offering any MasterCard products (aside from one or two co-branded products) and is currently in the process of phasing out current accounts that are MasterCard branded and converting to Visa.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 8 of 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@jaraico wrote:

Closed mine 12/13 can I apply for a new one? And get bonus? 

Thanks 

I don't think Chase will give you another sign-up bonus since it's been only a couple of months since you closed the previous one. Good luck.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.