cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get FICO score when CC approved?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Can you get FICO score when CC approved?

I app'd for and was approved for the GEMB/Walmart store card last week. I was wondering if I call, would they give me my TU Fico? I know I'm going to get it next month anyway, but would *really* like to know what it is before I decide to app w/Barclays.I know CCs give you the score when you're declined, but can you get it when you're approved?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: Can you get FICO score when CC approved?

I'm not sure about other lenders...but I do know as soon as you activate the card and set up your online account, you can view your TU FICO immediately. I just got my Walmart card a few weeks ago and did this.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks. But I want to app for the iPad this weekend, and I probably won't have my Walmart card until next week sometime.I'm kinda hoping that Black Friday will help me to get approved and/or there will be some promos for financing, etc. Don't know if Apple has sale prices for the holiday, but I'd like to take advantage of that, as well.

I thought that the TU FIco from Walmart was posted the same time of the month for everyone. So, you're saying that I should be able to get my TU Fico only as soon as I register online? That's good! Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 9
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks. But I want to app for the iPad this weekend, and I probably won't have my Walmart card until next week sometime.I'm kinda hoping that Black Friday will help me to get approved and/or there will be some promos for financing, etc. Don't know if Apple has sale prices for the holiday, but I'd like to take advantage of that, as well.

I thought that the TU FIco from Walmart was posted the same time of the month for everyone. So, you're saying that I should be able to get my TU Fico only as soon as I register online? That's good! Smiley Happy

I guess you could call and ask. I dunno.

But as soon as I created my online account and enrolled in the monthly FICO it told me my FICO Score was ready to view...and it was. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

They will give you their scoring model's score when you get approved, not FICO. But as soon as you have your card, you can get your FICO score by enrolling in paperless billing.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! I guess I'll just assume it's close to what it was when I checked last, since my EQ Fico hasn't changed much. Can't wait till I get the card and can sign up online! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
dalebb
Valued Contributor

I've had my walmart card for like 6 months and saw on these post u can get the fico a few days ago,, love these forums!!

Message 7 of 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

bichamon, you sound exactly like I did up until today. I know you want to app. I wanted to app. I'm thrilled I did. Our scores are in similar brackets. My latest TU FICO was 676 but a collection from 2008 has been deleted since then. I imagine my TU FICO is in the ballpark of 685.

Go ahead and app.  Pull the trigger.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 8 of 9
dalebb
Valued Contributor

I saw app all at 1 time, so if it don't count as 1,, they all drop off same time in 2 years. But that's just me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.