cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have (2) Discover IT cards if one is secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you have (2) Discover IT cards if one is secured?

I got on chat today to inquire about early graduation and they told me no, it has to be 12 months. She said at 6 mos you can apply for another discover and my profile looks solid for an IT. But I have an IT secured - is she blowing smoke? Should I apply for a Discover IT and hope for the $150 bonus? I'd have to unfreeze TU as I'm in texas and they pull TU for initial. Please help! Also, it would make sense until my AMEX 1500, UFCU 2500, and BOA 800 report, yes? Seeing as how my highest credit limit currently is $1000 Macy's and $300 bank?? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Can you have (2) Discover IT cards if one is secured?

I am in Texas, too.  For me the pulled EQ for my initial app and TU for the auto CLI's.   I would expect they would pull EQ for your initial app, but it could be any of the three.

Sorry, I can't answer your question about if you can have two Discover IT's at the same time.  I expect she was correct in that you can.  However, I would wait for the secured to graduate.   Building a good credit profile takes time and patience.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDunce wrote:

I am in Texas, too.  For me the pulled EQ for my initial app and TU for the auto CLI's.   I would expect they would pull EQ for your initial app, but it could be any of the three.

Sorry, I can't answer your question about if you can have two Discover IT's at the same time.  I expect she was correct in that you can.  However, I would wait for the secured to graduate.   Building a good credit profile takes time and patience.

Thanks for your response. My bf and I both in TX had TU pulled for all three of our initial discover apps. So I just assume they are pulling TU for me for initial. I agree about waiting - I just got notice today from Barclay that my score is now 694 TU and I started with 471 so I guess I am just antsy to test drive the new score. 

Message 3 of 4
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the huge score increase.  You are almost at the point where you can expect to be approved for most prime cards.   You just need to garden for a little bit more.  Once you are there, you will be able to get any credit card you want (as long as you don't want too many at once).

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.