cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have a due date after the 28th of the month?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Can you have a due date after the 28th of the month?

I have a couple cards with due dates of the 28th of the month.  I would love to push these back to the 30th so I could better work out my payments (I get paid bi-monthly on 15th and 30th).  I know I could just push these to 1st of month and would accomplish the same thing but it got me to thinking.  Can you have a due date between 29th and 30th of the month?  If so, what happens in months that dont have 29 or 30 days?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you have a due date after the 28th of the month?

The due date on my Zync is the last day of the month (28th, 30th, or 31st) - I have no clue how it happened but it did.

Message 2 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Just ask for a change in the statement date.  That'll automatically change your due date to one where you don't have to run to the bank and hope that  the check clears in time to make the payment.

You didn't say which cards, so this response is somewhat generic.

In a month that doesn't have your due date in it (such as the 29th), the due date is pushed back to the following month by a day or two.  Count 25 days from the statement date to get the due date for personal cards.  For business cards, it's usually 20 days.

Hope this helps!  Smiley Happy

Uborrow-Upay

Message 3 of 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks.  It was my Walmart Discover card.  The old due date was the 21st of each month with the statement being cut on the 28th.  I just had it changed.  My new due date is the 25th of each month and the statement cuts on the 2nd!  This is much better.

So did this push back my 4th statement CLI?  It looks like I'll not have an October statement and I would had been eligible for 4th statement increase in December.  Should I still try for December CLI?  I'm thinking of requesting CLI on the 20th of December.  (side question - are GE cards more likely to give or not to give CLI in the holiday season???)

Message 4 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

IMHO, slow the f down!

You worry too much.

You'll get what you get in due time, please don't try to rush it.  And if it makes me nervous, it'll sure as heck make the creditor nervous as well.

I have no clue how the Walmart Discover card works.  I do know that the regular Discover accounts do like spending, and offer increases based upon spending and payment patterns.  In my experience, x4 for CL in under a year, and then some thereafter.  Well into 5 figures now.

That's the best I can do on this one, Duncanrr.

Wish I could help more.

All the best,

Uborrow-Upay

***See what my advice is worth, I had to edit to spell my own screen name correctly!!!

Go figure that one out.***  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

IMHO, slow the f down!

You worry too much.

You'll get what you get in due time, please don't try to rush it.  And if it makes me nervous, it'll sure as heck make the creditor nervous as well.

I have no clue how the Walmart Discover card works.  I do know that the regular Discover accounts do like spending, and offer increases based upon spending and payment patterns.  In my experience, x4 for CL in under a year, and then some thereafter.  Well into 5 figures now.

That's the best I can do on this one, Duncanrr.

Wish I could help more.

All the best,

Uborrow-Upay

***See what my advice is worth, I had to edit to spell my own screen name correctly!!!

Go figure that one out.***  Smiley Happy

I hear ya.  I guess I'm overcompensating for the long period of time where I didnt worry enough about my credit score.  Ive been in turbo mode with my rebuild and I have seen tremendous success.  Raised each CR score up a minimum of 110 points in 3 months.  Ive aded 2 AMEX card 2 Chase cards and a Walmart Discover.  I'll be joining NFCU soon and will have some nice CL with their products.

I guess Im worried that if I slow down then I'll fall back into old lazy patterns in regards to my CR's.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.