cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me consolidate my credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you help me consolidate my credit cards?

Hi, I would like to know what I need to do to consolidate my credit cards. I hope you can help me with this. I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Nilda  
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you help me consolidate my credit cards?

how are you're score do you to do a balance transfer or consolidate the payments? Dont use those service look for threads about that here most are rippoffs they ruin you're credit.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No judgment here-
Post the Balances, CL's and APR's

Angelkisses1126 wrote:
Hi, I would like to know what I need to do to consolidate my credit cards. I hope you can help me with this. I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Nilda  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angel, and welcome to the forum! There's a wealth of information here and many knowledgeable people to answer your questions.

Why are you wanting to consolidate your cc's? Is there a need to?

Please do share what cc's you have...the balances and the cl's. We need some basic info to formulate opinions. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would avoid those "so called" non-profit debt consolidation programs. i think maybe 1 out of 100 of them are non profit nowadays....bad dealings. although some may have good experiences with them.

anyhoo, suze orman once mentioned a very simple way to pay off credit cards. gathered up all your expenses and look at what you have left over to pay the credit cards at the end of the month. gathered up all your credit card bills and arange them from highest interest rate to the lowest. look at the minimum payments for each bill, add them up, and see if you can afford to pay the minimum for all those. if you can...GREAT!.....if you have a little bit left over to pay more of the credt card bills, then apply what you can afford to the one with the highest interest rate so that that will be paid off teh fastest.

if you cannot afford to pay the minimum for all the cards, then focus on paying off teh ones with the highest interest rates. she pointed out that c/c debt are unsecured and there is nothing really that they can take away from, unlike a mortgage.

this process might take a long time, but .....

if there is a way for you to transfer balance of a high interest to a lower one, then you should probably start there.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.