cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you include business reimbursements in income?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you include business reimbursements in income?

I have a modest income, only around $22K. However I spend roughly $15K a year on a company card that is not under my name. I am allowed to put this spend on my personal card and sometimes I do. I haven't put anywhere near that spend on a personal card though, but I have put maybe $2K of that on my personal this year. Would I be allowed to include that in my income since I am allowed to put that business spend on my personal card and then be reimbursed for it?
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you include business reimbursements in income?

No it isn't personal income.  Curious as why you ask?  For bigger limits?

I see you have a chase ink business card..  Is this under your name/business?  

Message 2 of 8
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

No it isn't personal income.  Curious as why you ask?  For bigger limits?

I see you have a chase ink business card..  Is this under your name/business?  

Me too? It’s your business, just curious

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. I want to get the Chase Sapphire Preferred late this winter or early next spring. My research seems to indicate that most people reach full exposure with Chase at 50% of their income. I am currently at exactly 50%.

2. I have 2 jobs. My "full time" job is from August to December and pays around $10K. This is where I can charge a bunch of business expenses on my personal and get reimbursed. My second job is from January to July and is a sole proprietorship which is where I make the rest of my income from. The Chase Ink card is for this business.
Message 4 of 8
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
1. I want to get the Chase Sapphire Preferred late this winter or early next spring. My research seems to indicate that most people reach full exposure with Chase at 50% of their income. I am currently at exactly 50%.

2. I have 2 jobs. My "full time" job is from August to December and pays around $10K. This is where I can charge a bunch of business expenses on my personal and get reimbursed. My second job is from January to July and is a sole proprietorship which is where I make the rest of my income from. The Chase Ink card is for this business.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Wishing you much success in the business!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reimbursement is to pay the debt on your personal card, not into your pocket as profit.
Message 6 of 8
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yeah I'd say no on that.  It's technically not your money.

As for getting approved for a CSP, Chase is pretty good about approving a recon if you offer to move credit from another account. They may even approve on the pull and do it for you. You could also decrease your limits before the app if you're worried about it.

Message 7 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not heard anything about the Chase exposure limit before. I'm already above 50% of reported income and I'm hardly a unique or corner case...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.