PAGuy215

Can you make more than one payment a month on your CC?

Just curious...with the online payments I wasn't sure if that was doable if a situation ever arose

Regular Contributor

Re: Can you make more than one payment a month on your CC?

I usually make 2 or 3 on my HSBC and Wells CCs. I have also done it on my Orchard Bank CC in the past.

Regular Contributor
Iincognito

PAGuy215 wrote:

Just curious...with the online payments I wasn't sure if that was doable if a situation ever arose

Some creditors have limits; others don't care. I know HSBC and PenFed allow muliple payments to post to your account during the same statement cycle without any issues. Barclaycard suggested (when I spoke with a rep) not to make more than 2 payments in the same cycle or the system will put a hold on your available credit for 10 days.

Current Scores (as of 04/22/13): EQ FICO=795; TU FICO =766; EX =763

BankAmericard Cash Rewards ($20,000) | Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex Clear ($20,000) | Amex Blue Cash ($2,500) | Chase Freedom ($11,000) | PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards ($5,000) | Barclaycard Apple ($5,000) | Discover More ($6,500) | BankAmericard Cash Rewards [Authorized User] ($15,000)
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Hi lincognito,

I make multiple payments on most of my cards most months.

The bear for us is BofA which limits us to four.  I usually make 2-4, so i watch them.

I have Juni and make 2-4 with them as well.  I haven't really noticed the hold on my available credit - but that's a good thing to pay attention to.

My favorite is Cabela's.  You can even make more than one payment per day from different accounts and you can pay more than your reported balance.  They are my favorite card to manage.

My least favorite is Alliant which will superimpose one payment over another if the first hasn't gone through.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Senior Contributor
txjohn

beamMEup wrote:

Hi lincognito,

I make multiple payments on most of my cards most months.

The bear for us is BofA which limits us to four.  I usually make 2-4, so i watch them.

I have Juni and make 2-4 with them as well.  I haven't really noticed the hold on my available credit - but that's a good thing to pay attention to.

My favorite is Cabela's.  You can even make more than one payment per day from different accounts and you can pay more than your reported balance.  They are my favorite card to manage.

My least favorite is Alliant which will superimpose one payment over another if the first hasn't gone through.

On Alliant, how close were your payments?  Normally when I do a web payment from their site, I have available credit the next morning...but I haven't ever made more than 2 payments in  month to them, and usually just 1.

txjohn

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

I regularly pay my Barclaycard multiple times a month - usually 2, but it has been up to 4.  Never had a problem

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Established Contributor

that sounds like them also they take ever to post merchant refunds all my other cards post in few days but did not post june 8th refund til the 15th I thought the merchant was being a butt
People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS
Frequent Contributor
JagerBombs89

I made 3 payments on the same day on my USAA Credit Card.

Frequent Contributor
jaysdad2k

Amex allows one every 24 hours. Discover allows one every 3 days, and seems to randomly block days around the payment due date.

PayPal Buyer Credit only allows 2 per billing cycle and takes 3 days to post

Maybe someone could start a "sticky" on the various CC policies regarding multiple payments?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

My DW has Citi Sears MC..    It allows only 5 online payments per month.   The credit available is usually released within 1 day on the first two payments, and 10 business days later on any further payments. 

My rebuilding rule for payments is this.

Make the minimum payment on each account as soon as statement closes. This way I can't get a late fee, if something happens for main payment.   Then I usually PIF a few days before due date to avoid interest.       

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+