cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you name some HSBC backed credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you name some HSBC backed credit cards?

So far I know of

Orchard

Household

Best Buy

What other CC's are backed by HSBC?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mahendra82
Contributor

Re: Can you name some HSBC backed credit cards?

HSBC Discover. I don't recommend any of them.

Message 2 of 9
andre181
Established Contributor

I assume you don't mean retail store cards. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

GM Flex Mastercard

Union Plus Credit Cards

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

`Neiman Marcus

Saks Fifth Avenue

Message 4 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

They also have a COSTCO card

Message 5 of 9
texasman07
Established Contributor

I dont recommend the Orchard HSBC Card.  You Cannot grow with this card and the fees and APR are outragous.  I called for  a CLI after 6 months and "DUE TO A BUSINESS DECISION THEY ARE NOT CLI ANYONES CARD"

I am in the process of paying this off and closing the account

I have a Best Buy card also,  they will give CLI's after 6 months.

Message 6 of 9
Settemio
Regular Contributor

I have a Direct Mechants card that is HSBC. 4000 CL

Message 7 of 9
GTOflyer

They issue a discover called "direct rewards platinum."  It's usually a counter offer if you dont meet standards for other cards.  I just closed mine.  After 3 years of no CLI, I bailed before the AF came around.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They (Orchard Bank HSBC) will not give CLI if you ask (they never have the entire time I've been with them), but they are actively still giving out CLI...just on their terms and time schedule and they aren't very big. 

I was given a CLI a few months ago from $900 to $1300 after going 14 months without one and then I just got a letter in the mail yesterday saying I was being increased to $1500.  

However, with the AF and the APR, I have outgrown them so I'll likely be closing it down in a few months if they don't drop the AF off. 

If you are desperately for trying to rebuild credit I believe OB is a very good starter card. I am very grateful to them for allowing me the first step to rebuilding my credit. I now, 4 years later, have an AmEx, Citi Platinum, Cap1, and Apple iTunes Reward card all with healthy limits and CSs of ~700 across the board from a low of mid-high 400's! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.