Established Member
youngmoneyok

Can you open up a Chase Checking Account if that is not available within your state?

I know that this is technically not a credit card question but I am trying to get a Chase Checking Account for the Chase Trifecta combo. I currently live in a state with no Chase branches and you can't apply online (with my zip code of residence). But I can easily get to a state that has a Chase branch -- would I be able to open a checking account there with a out-of-state address?

Thanks

Revelate

Re: Can you open up a Chase Checking Account if that is not available within your state?

youngmoneyok wrote:

I know that this is technically not a credit card question but I am trying to get a Chase Checking Account for the Chase Trifecta combo. I currently live in a state with no Chase branches and you can't apply online (with my zip code of residence). But I can easily get to a state that has a Chase branch -- would I be able to open a checking account there with a out-of-state address?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't think so.  Someone here ran into that issue recently, and then when I looked at the states that Chase services, it rather redefined my opinion of their being a "national" lender.  I didn't look closely in the online interface, but the list was something like 20 names, which ain't close to 50 unfortunately.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Jlu

Re: Can you open up a Chase Checking Account if that is not available within your state?

Yes you can. I live in Massachusetts where there is no Chase services available for consumers. I drove to CT with a $200 coupon and opened the account without a problem. Call a Chase branch and ask before you make the trip. But now that I have the Chase Freedom and the Chase Checking it was well worth the tank of gas to get from MA to CT and back.

JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $15k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!
Established Member
youngmoneyok

[ Edited ]

awesome. I'm going to call them first and see if I can open an account on the phone, haha. 

Established Contributor
Jlu

They will only PC non-partner or internal cards. 

JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $15k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}