Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you suggest a card for a FICO of 611 please

tag
TravisD
Contributor

Re: Can you suggest a card for a FICO of 611 please

The $99 deposit generally means $200 limit and you can deposit I believe up to $3000.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 21 of 33
Mddlrthr2
Established Member

I applied for a USAA secured card and was approved and I also got a Captial One unsecured card with a $500 limit, which should arrive in the next 7 to 10 days.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 735 EX, 723 EQ,
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 33
Joteism
Regular Contributor

@Mddlrthr2  - Did you have any baddies when you applied for the Capone unsecured card? Also, is the score in your sig a TU FICO?
Message 23 of 33
tigif
Established Member

Mdd, I read that the USAA card never graduates and force closes after 2 years, which at that time may harm one's score. I guess for my situation, the value of 2 years worth of regular payments would outweigh the potential hit when it closes though huh? I'm going to try calling BOA's backdoor # now to see if I can get more info on my status.

Thanks,

-Mike

Starting Score: FICO 611
Current Score: FICO 706
Message 24 of 33
Ron1
Super Contributor

@tigif wrote:

Mdd, I read that the USAA card never graduates and force closes after 2 years, which at that time may harm one's score. I guess for my situation, the value of 2 years worth of regular payments would outweigh the potential hit when it closes though huh? I'm going to try calling BOA's backdoor # now to see if I can get more info on my status.

Thanks,

-Mike

Have you looked at US Bank HD Secured Visa? It has no AF.

link:

https://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/personal/products_and_services/credit_cards/HD_secured.cfm?ics_src=...

Ron.

Message 25 of 33
Mddlrthr2
Established Member

Yes, I have quite a few baddies that I'm still trying to pay off and a huge hospital bill (which the hospital is working with me on).

Message 26 of 33
Mddlrthr2
Established Member

I don't think I remember reading anything about it closing after two  years.  I do know that I can add to my CD to increase my line of credit.

Message 27 of 33
Mddlrthr2
Established Member

Thanks.  I'll look into US Bank.

Message 28 of 33
tigif
Established Member

Mddr, check this out from the card's landing page

hen you apply — you'll also be opening a USAA 2-yearCertificateof Deposit (CD), an interest-earning deposit account that has a two-year term and a $250-minimum initial deposit.

-Mike

Starting Score: FICO 611
Current Score: FICO 706
Message 29 of 33
Ron1
Super Contributor

@tigif wrote:

Mddr, check this out from the card's landing page

hen you apply — you'll also be opening a USAA 2-yearCertificateof Deposit (CD), an interest-earning deposit account that has a two-year term and a $250-minimum initial deposit.

-Mike

I heard you have to be a full member to apply for secured card. Are you a partial member? You might want to check the US Bank HD secured card with no AF?

Ron.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.