Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Amex Costco Card?

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Cancel Amex Costco Card?

I really don't care if I am approved or not because as the prev poster stated as of January 1 you will be able to use any VISA card.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@onstar wrote:

@gingerdad wrote:

Thank you all for your resposnes.  Going to hold tight for a little while longer. The Costco card goes back to 2002 I think, so not going to be in a hurry to cancel.

A lot of people don't like uncertainties. "What's going to happen to my Amex Costco TE card???"

I like uncertainties. I'm really curious as to how this will all work out. I'm SOOOOO curious that I app'd for the Amex Costco TE card just last month, so my card goes waaaaay back about 45 days now. Some of the questions that many have:

Will Citi be issuing a Citi Costco Visa to EVERYONE that had the Amex Costco TE card, even Citi blacklisted people?

Will it be a new TL with an open date of 2016?

Will the same CL be preserved?

Will Amex create a new product and migrate all TE users to the new product?

Will Amex PC all the TE cards to one of the existing cards (maybe give us a 3 to pick from)?

If AMEX gives you another card w/a new limit, will they let you move your Costco card limit over or does it disappear into credit card heaven?

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:
I really don't care if I am approved or not because as the prev poster stated as of January 1 you will be able to use any VISA card.

April 1

https://customerservice.costco.com/system/templates/selfservice/costco_en_us/#!portal/20050000000100...

My big uncertainty is whether (in October) I should try for the 3x CLI on my TE which would be an unknown as to what will happen to it or on my BCP. 

At this point I am thinking I'll roll the dice and go for it on the TE (currently $4200) and ask for an even $12k. My BCP is $15k and I wouldn't ask for more than $25k. But $15k is more than adequate for me. 

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

IMO:

Will Citi be issuing a Citi Costco Visa to EVERYONE that had the Amex Costco TE card, even Citi blacklisted people?

This is a big posibility. But again, blacklisted people may or may not get the card.  Im sure that's a discussion for a meeting between Citi and Costco.  Costco wont want to loose those customers only because they're blacklisted with Citi and Citi might not want to issue credit to those blacklisted.  Im sure they'll come to an agreement.

Will it be a new TL with an open date of 2016?

This is most likely what i think will happen since it is a different bank.  But im positive that the AMEX Costco card will keep the original open date.

Will the same CL be preserved?

Im going to say no.  I would be sure to check everyone's credit just to see what CL each person gets if it was my bank.  A least a SP

Will Amex create a new product and migrate all TE users to the new product?

From what i read, this is the option that has been talked about and everyone is anxious to know what the new card will look like and what benefits it will have.

Will Amex PC all the TE cards to one of the existing cards (maybe give us a 3 to pick from)?

Sure will be nice and it's possible.

This is just my opinion, although i dont have an AMEX, im also curious as to how this will turn out.

If you're REALLY curious, then you should app for the Amex Costco TE card now. Then you can experience it firsthand. That's what I did. Smiley Happy

I would BUT, got denied for the AMEX ED in June due to Ch7, no go on recon.  People have experiencing positve outcomes at 5 yr mark so im waiting for that.  My 5 yr CH7 mark will be in October but will apply until Jan/2016 if my scores are not good enough by October....hate the waiting game, feels like im back in the Marines Smiley Mad

When did you apply? what were your scores? baddies?

I applied last month, beginning of June. My scores are 700-711. I have 1 C/O that is 7 years old, scheduled to drop off next month.

Yeah i dont think i'll get it.  Im just going to be discipline and wait 'til January to apply for the  AMEX PRG.

Well, guess what? I didn't wait for the 5 yr mark for my Ch7 lol.  I applied for it 9/19 and got the "in progress" status...why? because I first applied for the PRG offer 50,000 and delta 50,000 and got approved for both.

Today 9/25 (after 5 days of waitinig for AMEX Costco status to change), I called to follow up and approved...so NOW I can experience what's going to happen Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 35
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

So It seems like AX is somewhat loosening their UW standard regarding BKs.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.