Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel CreditOne applied by mistake

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Cancel CreditOne applied by mistake

During my credit app spree I applied for CreditOne cc not realizing its a card with fees.  It was listed under the higher score range of cc's to apply for.  I know now not to use the cc suggestions imder MyFico's credit cards.

I am not going to register the card caues I never want to use it.   How can I cancel the card?   Do I just call Creditone to let them know to cancel? I received the card today

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
someg33k
Established Contributor

Re: Cancel CreditOne applied by mistake

Assuming you did not activate it and use it. You should be able to call and cancel without issue or any fees.

DO IT NOW! Smiley Happy

Still stuck with the HP and the slight hit to AAOA, but whats done is done. At least you wont be paying them insane fees for a crappy card.

Message 2 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

correct I did not activate it.  Will it still report an available balance on my CR after cancelling?   And how how will it affect my AAOA?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 7
someg33k
Established Contributor

it should report as closed with whatever the limit was. How it will impact AAOA nobody can answer without knowing your file. You take the AAOA hit whether you close it or not.
Generally a thin file will take it on the chin with new accounts but a thick file little to no impact.
Either way I wouldn't sweat it.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The AAOA hit came when they approved you. Cancelling will not affect it. Cancel the card and move on before you risk them billing you for contemplating keeping the card.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call and ditch it ASAP!

Message 6 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!!  I am calling today to cancel the card..

I applied for this card at the same time as my other new cards so maybe my AAOA will be OK.

I will let you know how the cancelling goes in case someone else has this problem.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.