Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel or Keep?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel or Keep?

I have a citifinacial card for eddie z's and i just payed it off. i have no plans to use this card ever again. it has a $2,560.00 CL. should i close it or leave it w/ $0.00 balance?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Cancel or Keep?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a citifinacial card for eddie z's and i just payed it off. i have no plans to use this card ever again. it has a $2,560.00 CL. should i close it or leave it w/ $0.00 balance?

Closing Credit Cards - read this first

Message 2 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

john2000 wrote:

Any fees with this card? What other cards do you have? What are your FICOs?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have no fees or lates on any of my cc's ever. i always pay on time,but my balances total $21,000 and my limits total $27,000.

My scores are:  TU 675

EX 656

EQ 668

Message 4 of 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hey John, if you are not paying an annual fee or monthly fee to keep the card open, then i would say to keep it open. It will look good on your report, help with util% and help with aa of a (average age of accounts) Hope this helps
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.