Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Cancel or lower limit?

Some times keeping too many cards can lead to confusion and mistakes. I have close 7 accounts and it did not hurt my scores even a bit. It is all personal preference and spending/payment habits.
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

Would depend on overall utilization IMO. If zero change, close. Otherwise, keep open.
Valued Member
YoungInvestor

Much appreciation to all... This site has helped me a lot in the short time I've been on here!
I cancelled my card but after reading these posts and some tips from this site, I re-opened within 24hrs so no problem, not credit hit, etc.
I also looked at my old accounts, closing only a store account but re-ordering cards that I have previously cut up so I can use them every couple months. Average account is 4yrs old!

Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+