Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled Visa CC APP, Still reported HP

tag
jumpinjax
New Contributor

Canceled Visa CC APP, Still reported HP

I really can't believe this, yesterday, I was considering a Visa Platinum with Justice Federal CU, then during the application process I remembered that I may not qualify to open an account.  So, during the application process I cancelled the request for a card, way before decision making.  Today, I get an alert stating that Justice CU HP my equifax.  How fitting?  I should have went all the way then????

Now, I tried calling, its after hours, no card has been issued yet.  Send two emails to their credit and consumer loans department telling them the story and to remove inquiry from my report.  What aggravation?  A cancelled app, is just that, a cancelled app.

I also disputed the inquiry on my Equifax -

Anything else I can do?  Weird huh???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
brian2220
Regular Contributor

Re: Canceled Visa CC APP, Still reported HP

@jumpinjax wrote:

I really can't believe this, yesterday, I was considering a Visa Platinum with Justice Federal CU, then during the application process I remembered that I may not qualify to open an account.  So, during the application process I cancelled the request for a card, way before decision making.  Today, I get an alert stating that Justice CU HP my equifax.  How fitting?  I should have went all the way then????

Now, I tried calling, its after hours, no card has been issued yet.  Send two emails to their credit and consumer loans department telling them the story and to remove inquiry from my report.  What aggravation?  A cancelled app, is just that, a cancelled app.

I also disputed the inquiry on my Equifax -

Anything else I can do?  Weird huh???

i had the same exact problem also read what i wrote here http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Compass-Bank-Approval/m-p/1213869#M339658

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.