cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Credit One Bank Card and Not Looking Back!!!

tag
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cancelled Credit One Bank Card and Not Looking Back!!!

@CenturyChild wrote:

Discover gives a FICO as well, but just like Barclay and Walmart its TU.

In regards to Walmart, back when I first tried for them I was declined for the same reason. Not enough accounts etc.

At the time I went with a Amazon Store card, and after 6 months got the Wally store card.  A few months later (5 if I recall correctly) they gave me a upgrade to the Discover and a nice CLI.   

GE can be wierd but once you establish a good history with them, they can be very generous and give you pretty much anything you ask for (So long as its a reasonable request).

Amazon and Lowes are some good store cards that seem to be a bit easier to get to get you in the door with them. 

And while easier to get than a major CC, WM does seem a bit harder to get in comparision to thier other store cards they offer. At least it was for me.

But, before I would apply for anything Id make sure you're at about 9% util overall, and only 1 account with a balance to have the best possible score. It will increase your chances.  Even more important if you have lower scores to begin with.

Thanks @CenturyChild as it turns out I do have an Amazon Card. I've had it about 4 months now, or at least my 4th statement comes out next month. I'm very curious to see if I can get an auto CLI or if not if they'll give me 1 if I ask for it. I've been using the card mostly for the 6 month financing and I currently have a $239.5 balance with an $800 CL. Actually, here are my current CCs:

Credit CardBalanceLimitUtilizationAvailable
Amazon239.580029.94%560.5
Credit One Bank05000.00%500
Barclays449.03150029.94%1050.97
nRewards (NFCU)599.13200029.96%1400.87
Christian Financial CU479.64100047.96%520.36
NavCheck (NFCU)1000500020.00%4000
Total2527.81080023.41%8272.2

As far as Baddies, I do have a BK that was discharged in Dec 2012, some late student loan payments that have been consolidated and currently in good standing, and a collection from Comcast that I already PIF a long time ago (years). In ohter words, as you can see on my CCs though, my CFCU CC has high uti, but it doesn't report until the 13th, and I'll have the balance at least a couple hundred lower by then. So, assuming I bring down my uti and raise my score, do you think my current CCs are enough accounts to have a reasonable chance at a Wally? And does anyone know which CB they look at? Maybe EQ, by chance?

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 14
bk510
Valued Contributor

@gh17 wrote:

I believe Walmart gives the same score as Barclays (some correct me if I'm wrong).  Although if your bills came at different times of the month, I guess that could be helpful.

yes thats correct....throw in Discover IT as well.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 12 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 13 of 14
kimpossible808
New Visitor

I, too, cancelled my Credit One CC.  I only had a limit of $800 when I was trying to re-establish credit and since then I have tons of great CC's once my credit rse to excellent.  I spoke to a gentleman who sounded like he was from India, as they all do when I call in.  He was nice at first, trying to get me to stay with the CC company by waving the yearly fee for this year.  I explained to him that all of my credit cards have substantially higher credit limits and cash back rewards.  There was no need for this card.  He kept pushing the issue and he got upset when I didn't accept his offer.  I told him I am 110% sure I want to cancel and that my mind was set.  He became obnoxius, cancelled my card and said that I was making a mistake.  How's that for customer service!?  So glad I am dealing with bigger professional companies now.  I have Barclay's, BOA, AMEX, DISCOVER, CITI, and Chase--all of which are so much friendlier.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.