cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Orchard today, timeline/verification?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancelled Orchard today, timeline/verification?

I made the call to cancel my $79 af $300 cl Orchard card today (obviously at a $0 balance). We went through the expected attempts to get me to stay such as cutting the af in half and so on and so forth. After making it clear for the 5th or so time that I wanted to cancel, the lady (whom I couldnt understand very clearly) said something about "sorry this is your final decision, if you change your mind or want to do buisness again call or go online" and said thank you and goodbye.

It seemed to end rather abrubtly and I just want to make sure it was actually cancelled (af would renew in about 2 weeks). What happens now? Will I not be able to log into their website or will I get something in the mail or nothing at all? I will call in a day or two to verify I guess but being my first ever cancelled credit card, I just want to know what to expect and make sure it's closed out before the af would renew.

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancelled Orchard today, timeline/verification?

Hi Jason-mou2

You'll be able to log in to the website for some time (several months) after the account is closed.  You'll be able to see that the balance is zero, that the account is closed, that no annual fee is assessed, etc.

Your next statement, whether online or paper, will also show account closed and no balance.  I would save it as a pdf to insure you have a record that the account is closed according to them.

I think you will be able to note that it is closed online in short order - I can't remember when mine showed exactly - but it was vislble online in short order.

Congrats on closing your Orchard.  Hope it worked well for you as a rebuilder and that you now have some non-AF bank/national ccards to continue your credit building process.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about with Orchard but when I cancelled Continental Finance it went the same way.  I got a letter a week or two later saying it was closed.  I can still access my account and I closed the account in August.  I'm not sure how long you will be able to access it.  I went on and printed all my statements and proof that it had a zero balance.  (I was nervous because my af was due in October.  It never hit and I still have a zero balance and my credit report states that I closed the account so i guess I'm safe.  I still check once a month due to personal paranoia.  LOL   Smiley Wink

I'm sure you are fine.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, thanks for the helpful info.

It will be nice to have my only af card closed Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

i emailed orchard both times i wanted to cancel my cards.  i just cancelled my oldest one, it reported as closed about a week later.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, keep pulling your CRs to see if they update it to closed. Also keep checking online to make sure it is a $0 balance. I had closed both an Orchard and Credit One about the same time, and one of the two had a conversation that went that way. I left the conversation thinking that they never closed it. Seems like one of the two took forever to update the CRs too, but the $0 balance kept showing online so I didn't fret.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.