Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled my Amex Cards

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Cancelled my Amex Cards

I got the FR 3rd time in 3 years. I have asked them to close all my accounts. I totally understand Amex policy and I have no bitter feelings about this. I paid every thing ontime and never late. I just too tired have to deal with FR every year. I have very good other cards to satisfy my credit needs. If I need Amex I'll reapply again in the future.

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Cancelled my Amex Cards

@Red1Blue wrote:

I got the FR 3rd time in 3 years. I have asked them to close all my accounts. I totally understand Amex policy and I have no bitter feelings about this. I paid every thing ontime and never late. I just too tired have to deal with FR every year. I have very good other cards to satisfy my credit needs. If I need Amex I'll reapply again in the future.

What do you think is triggering the FR's?

Message 2 of 60
learnin113
Established Contributor

Wow!

Message 3 of 60
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

That's ridiculous.  I'm usually in the Amex FR is overblown camp, but to have to go through it every year is pretty crazy. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Sorry to hear about that. I would have done the same

Message 5 of 60
john398
Senior Contributor

Wow after the 3rd time getting a FR I would have too, maybe even after  the second time

Message 6 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Several family members have amex cards, some of them customers for decades. None of them have ever heard of an FR. I hadn't either prior to reading these boards. Any idea what triggered all these?
Message 7 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Surprised  I always considered you "MR. AMERICAN EXPRESS" on here.  

I am so sorry to hear this.  And, you just got your new travel cards that you'd been wanting for so long. 

What they're doing to you is just flat out wrong!

Message 8 of 60
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Wow.....how many did you have?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 60
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I guess approval of the new JetBlue card caused the FR. I have asked them several times if they can do PC to JetBlue and they keep saying no. I guess, I wanted to take advantage of the JetBlue Rewards since I am flying on it more often. If that causes FR let me be. What ever the reason they have for FR, just tired of the FR and keeping have to provide docs every year. I paid bill on time every month for several years. They just block all the cards and start FR. If this happend while I am travelling and not having to use the card would have been more embrassing and inconvenient. At least now I dont have to worry about the some thing happening. The only thing I am loosing the Amex Credit Secure. I need to find a new security product. I have no bitter feelings about Amex if I ever need an amex I'll get a Zync and sock drawer the card. I do think Amex is a good card to have as long as someone is willing to put up with their expected / unexpected FR's.

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.