cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled wamu/chase cc.. What is your interest rate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancelled wamu/chase cc.. What is your interest rate?

To quote George Burns:  "If she dies, she dies."

If you are doing all the right things, then there is nothing you can do to alter the outcome one way or the other, with one exception.  Do the wrong things.  So, pay on time, PIF and let the cards fall where they may.  Worry won't have any impact, except on your blood pressure Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

OP -

There is some info in another thread that we are referring to.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-25-2009 01:35 AM
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My interest rate was 9.99% which was what it was when I got the card in Nov. 08, though I never carried a balance, and they canceled it a few days back.
Message 13 of 16
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

mine was 26.24% because they claim i was a couple days late back in April 2008 so they jacked up my interest rate 15% and then they closed my card!!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timmis1127 wrote:
mine was 26.24% because they claim i was a couple days late back in April 2008 so they jacked up my interest rate 15% and then they closed my card!!

Mine is 29.99% and they didn't have any reason other than I was a WAMU card I guess.  Never been late, perfect credit, always PIF....so I guess APR doesn't really matter.  Of course my credit wasn't perfect when WAMU opened account with initial CL of $2.5 in 2006.  Maybe they remember my formerly less than perfect credit.

They also don't allow me any type of BT and they limit cash to $700 of my $3.5k CL. 

Message 15 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine is 29.99% and they didn't have any reason other than I was a WAMU card I guess.  Never been late, perfect credit, always PIF....so I guess APR doesn't really matter.  Of course my credit wasn't perfect when WAMU opened account with initial CL of $2.5 in 2006.  Maybe they remember my formerly less than perfect credit.

I think these accounts are branded. I can only hope that one day after Chase is done closing all the accounts in their pogrom that the ones that are left (hopefully ours) are marked as "rehabilitated" and returned to gen pop!

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-28-2009 05:07 PM
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.