Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling rebuilder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancelling rebuilder

I just called to cancel a rebuilder card, one I've had for almost 4 years. The first company to extend me credit after my credit mishap that a great many of us go through in our teenage years. CreditOne Bank: charged me 24.99% interest, $6.95 a month for annual fees, and $7.95 a month to do an ACH transfer. All of which is certainly understandable for a rebuilder CC. What I don't understand is, why I have such mixed feelings about having just called and cancelling the account. On paper I definately made the right choice, but I still feel funny about ditching my oldest open account.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancelling rebuilder

Maybe it's time for a hot cocoa.  Smiley Wink

What other cards do you have?

btw - love your moniker!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea about the cocoa, I think I am too loyal at times.

Household Bank, Chase (old WAMU card), and I app'd for a Discover More card 12/31 (to replace CreditOne)

The moniker is a truth about some things, a reminder about others. There is always more knowledge.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I felt the same way but you gotta do it.  I just closed Merrick because after 5 years they wanted to charge me an a/f
Message 4 of 9
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just called to cancel a rebuilder card, one I've had for almost 4 years. The first company to extend me credit after my credit mishap that a great many of us go through in our teenage years. CreditOne Bank: charged me 24.99% interest, $6.95 a month for annual fees, and $7.95 a month to do an ACH transfer. All of which is certainly understandable for a rebuilder CC. What I don't understand is, why I have such mixed feelings about having just called and cancelling the account. On paper I definately made the right choice, but I still feel funny about ditching my oldest open account.

((((((( group hug )))))))

It'll be OK. Really....we're all here to help with your journey...and you should be proud that you have confidence enough in yourself to say bye-bye to your rebuilder card.

Think of it this way...now your credit line will go to someone else who is a few steps behind you on their rebuilding journey.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awwwwwww!!!!!

It will still report for I think 7 years as a good account.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the support and the group hug y'all

:smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Awwwwwww!!!!!

It will still report for I think 7 years as a good account.

Ten years.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.