Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot get credit card

This really ticks me off, I cannot get approved for a credit card to save my life.
Scores are 661,677,678 and perfect credit for the past 2.5 years, just got turned down for a unsecured credit card flat out.

67,000.00  a year income,
What is going on, I have a freind that filed bankruptcy 2.5 years ago and got one no problem.
500.00 but did get one.

They said I have to wait for the letter to tell me why they turned me down but I am a little miffed.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cannot get credit card

What were the reasons you were turned down? Do you have any credit cards currently or on your CR?
Message 2 of 21
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Lotta folks here like Hooters MC. I think they pull TU and I think I have read posts where people are getting approved with scores in the upper 500's to lower 600's.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have a Chase circuit city card with a 630.00 limit with no balance that did have a lot of 30-60 days late but that was back in 2004. Perfect ever since.

Hooters huh?

(Is this a master card or visa?
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did not tell me why I got turned down, they told me I have to wait for letter to appeal.

It was a M&T card and I have an account with them too.
Message 5 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

zman wrote:
They did not tell me why I got turned down, they told me I have to wait for letter to appeal.

It was a M&T card and I have an account with them too.

I'd wait a few days and see what the reasons were. It might indicate that you have insufficient credit or trade lines. Ironic, isn't it? Outside of Hooters, you could try a credit union. Favorites here include Christian Community CU, Justice Fed CU, NASA CU, Penfed, Navy, etc. They tend to give higher limits and approve lower scores. You could also try a CC that pulls a soft inquiry so you can see what you may get prior to getting a hard inquiry. Two that I know of are HSBC and Bank of America. There are links on-line.
Message 6 of 21
nathan
Frequent Contributor

With your scores most cu will embrace you. I got navy fed with a 591eq and i had just an orchard with a $300 limit. You might want to pull your report just to make sure there is no recent baddies ilke collection or judgement. Join a cu and you will get a card with decent cl.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

may need to try Crappy 1 Orchard Bank or Juniper if not Hooters----otherwise get a store card so something can start reporting--?? Maybe Walmart Target Macys or JCP (depending on where you live)
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought with scores like 661 to 678 I should be able to get something too, I just got a report from my fico and it is perfect except the stuff from 2.5 years ago. NO baddies for a longgggggg time.
I do belong to credit union, but when I talked to them they sounded negative and not too helpful.

Thanks all.
I am going to dispute the pull though and get it removed.

Message 9 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

zman wrote:
I thought with scores like 661 to 678 I should be able to get something too, I just got a report from my fico and it is perfect except the stuff from 2.5 years ago. NO baddies for a longgggggg time.
I do belong to credit union, but when I talked to them they sounded negative and not too helpful.

Thanks all.
I am going to dispute the pull though and get it removed.

Who have you apped with? Why are you going dispute a legit inq?
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.