Frequent Contributor
zman

Cannot get credit card

This really ticks me off, I cannot get approved for a credit card to save my life.
Scores are 661,677,678 and perfect credit for the past 2.5 years, just got turned down for a unsecured credit card flat out.

67,000.00  a year income,
What is going on, I have a freind that filed bankruptcy 2.5 years ago and got one no problem.
500.00 but did get one.

They said I have to wait for the letter to tell me why they turned me down but I am a little miffed.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Cannot get credit card

What were the reasons you were turned down? Do you have any credit cards currently or on your CR?
Valued Contributor
cobra19

Lotta folks here like Hooters MC. I think they pull TU and I think I have read posts where people are getting approved with scores in the upper 500's to lower 600's.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Frequent Contributor
zman

I only have a Chase circuit city card with a 630.00 limit with no balance that did have a lot of 30-60 days late but that was back in 2004. Perfect ever since.

Hooters huh?

(Is this a master card or visa?
Frequent Contributor
zman

They did not tell me why I got turned down, they told me I have to wait for letter to appeal.

It was a M&T card and I have an account with them too.
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

zman wrote:
They did not tell me why I got turned down, they told me I have to wait for letter to appeal.

It was a M&T card and I have an account with them too.

I'd wait a few days and see what the reasons were. It might indicate that you have insufficient credit or trade lines. Ironic, isn't it? Outside of Hooters, you could try a credit union. Favorites here include Christian Community CU, Justice Fed CU, NASA CU, Penfed, Navy, etc. They tend to give higher limits and approve lower scores. You could also try a CC that pulls a soft inquiry so you can see what you may get prior to getting a hard inquiry. Two that I know of are HSBC and Bank of America. There are links on-line.
Frequent Contributor
nathan

With your scores most cu will embrace you. I got navy fed with a 591eq and i had just an orchard with a $300 limit. You might want to pull your report just to make sure there is no recent baddies ilke collection or judgement. Join a cu and you will get a card with decent cl.
Established Contributor
AWLEGZ

may need to try Crappy 1 Orchard Bank or Juniper if not Hooters----otherwise get a store card so something can start reporting--?? Maybe Walmart Target Macys or JCP (depending on where you live)
I want to join the 700 club one day I am getting there :smileywink:
FICOS 12/17/07 EQ-597 EX-651 and TU-651
FICOS 01/18/07 EQ-594 EX-651 and TU-662 FICOS
04/21/2008 TU-680 EQ-613 EX-688
Frequent Contributor
zman

I thought with scores like 661 to 678 I should be able to get something too, I just got a report from my fico and it is perfect except the stuff from 2.5 years ago. NO baddies for a longgggggg time.
I do belong to credit union, but when I talked to them they sounded negative and not too helpful.

Thanks all.
I am going to dispute the pull though and get it removed.

Moderator Emeritus
fused

zman wrote:
I thought with scores like 661 to 678 I should be able to get something too, I just got a report from my fico and it is perfect except the stuff from 2.5 years ago. NO baddies for a longgggggg time.
I do belong to credit union, but when I talked to them they sounded negative and not too helpful.

Thanks all.
I am going to dispute the pull though and get it removed.

Who have you apped with? Why are you going dispute a legit inq?
Credit Cards:
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+