Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot get credit card

Very strange to see on here that all these people are getting credit cards with recent BK and judgements and charge offs and I cannot get a 1.00 credit card to save my life. Is everybody just blowing smoke on here.

677, 661.678 and perfect record since Feb 2004 never any 90's past due, Low credit card usage on 1 card, mortgage payments on time and cannot get a card. I think it's kinda strange.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cannot get credit card

What reason do they give when they finally mail you the letters of explanation? And how many inqs do you have on each report?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 36
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Who have you app'd?  My scores are lower than yours.

New Credit:
Kays 1.5k
Cap 1 2,
Hooters 1k
Target 300
Macy's 100, upped to 600
CJ 1.5k
Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

zman wrote:

Very strange to see on here that all these people are getting credit cards with recent BK and judgements and charge offs and I cannot get a 1.00 credit card to save my life. Is everybody just blowing smoke on here.

677, 661.678 and perfect record since Feb 2004 never any 90's past due, Low credit card usage on 1 card, mortgage payments on time and cannot get a card. I think it's kinda strange.

With those scores you should have the majority of the banks welcoming you to their accounts. Try the ones everyone here has. Hooters and Delta Amex Skylimes if you defualted on Amex go for Oasis. I sometimes do feel that people here like to put " EXTRA CREAM ON THE TACOS". i remmeber when I had bad credit I never got anything and was going to jum on one of those sub primes terrible rates offers. Old on do that hang in there and one will come.
Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHECK OUT WHOGAVEMECREDIT.COM

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWLEGZ wrote:
CHECK OUT WHOGAVEMECREDIT.COM

That thing is not accurate it only reads scores. There is so many other factors involved use it as a refernce but not as a bible.
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your average is exactly the same as mine. Have you tried Hooters are are you shooting to high?
Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe optIN for cc offers https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi
Message 8 of 36
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Zman, do you have any cards currently? With a lack of CC history, your chances of getting approved by anyone are slim. If no history, have you tried a secured cc?

And do you have any recent (1yr or less) baddies?

Message Edited by llecs on 02-19-2008 05:38 AM
Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:
Zman, do you have any cards currently? With a lack of CC history, your chances of getting approved by anyone are slim. If no history, have you tried a secured cc?

And do you have any recent (1yr or less) baddies?

Message Edited by llecs on 02-19-2008 05:38 AM

Thanks for responses nice people.
 I have one credit card and not major (Circuit city) 630.00 limit 5.00 balance NO baddies for the past 3 years since Feb 2005.
PERFECT everything, Mortgage, car, NO derogs period for the past 3 years and NO Inquiries  for over one (1) year.
Have not tried my credit union yet. I talked to them but they said they report their secured as "secured"
 BUT I thought that Secured cards are NO good for building credit. Maybe after I make my 5,000.00 deposit they will look at me differently.
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.