Established Contributor

Re: Cant believe I applied for a Walmart card...

Volpes wrote:

thnks

I was really hoping for the Discover card,

This is exactly what has kept me from appling....

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Established Contributor

The 6-18 months 0% interest offer they have going on through the end of the year certainly isn't bad.  :smileytongue:

FICO Scores 800+
Frequent Contributor

another nice feature is cash out no fee.  You can take upto $60 out no fee.  I got mine for the fico score.  

Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

knoregs wrote:

Volpes wrote:

thnks

I was really hoping for the Discover card,

This is exactly what has kept me from appling....

~kn

Yeah, some of the approvals I was seeing on another site gave me hope I would land a WM Discover card... I need to stop gambling. :smileytongue:

Since I grocery shop at Meijer, I really should shoot for a Meijer rewards MasterCard. I need to improve my credit profile first, so maybe next year.

Leadberry wrote:

The 6-18 months 0% interest offer they have going on through the end of the year certainly isn't bad.  :smileytongue:

In store only, although I wonder... does "site-to-store" qualify?

Valued Contributor

Volpes wrote:

thnks

I was really hoping for the Discover card, otherwise I will not use this car that often. I hope WM doesn't close accounts with short inactivity.

I need to stop gambling and go gardening.

What are the odds of a CLI in the next 3-6 months?

even if it's just the store card, many folks here have had them upgraded to the disco version automatically :smileyhappy:  congrats btw! :smileyhappy:

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Regular Contributor

I want the Walmart card but my MyFico TU is only 617. TU is killing me. Is there a chance they will pull a different CR I'd I ask?

Sorry to OP for the piggyback?

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Super Contributor

tdrjustus3 wrote:
I want the Walmart card but my MyFico TU is only 617. TU is killing me. Is there a chance they will pull a different CR I'd I ask?

You can take it for what its worth but i believe walmart TU and the myfico one are vastly different. For me scores were 100+ points different. 

EX Fico 774 3/3/15 Fako 808 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 3/24/15 819 CK fako 807 2/7/15
TU Fico Barclay's 3/26/15 791 TU fico walmart 3/23/2015 788 Fako 808 Creditkarma 3/23/15
Valued Contributor

Call credit solutions and ask for a CLI now.  I was approved for the discover at $1k a few months ago.  The day the card came I called CS and was bumped to $5k with no issues at all, probably could have gotten more. 

Established Contributor

I started out with the store card and I just stopped by once a month and bought some soda or water or socks or whatever to keep it active. After a while, they will upgrade it to WM Discover and then you don't have to shop there anymore.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

tdrjustus3 wrote:

I applied in June 2012 (decline) and they pulled EX. If location matters, I'm in Vermont.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.