cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant believe I applied for a Walmart card...

tag
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Re: Cant believe I applied for a Walmart card...

I am in New York.  I wonder if they pull EX here too.  It's my best score.  Anybody know?

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 21 of 30
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

You can check whogavemecredit or credit pulls db...that's where I usually go to get info on what crs lenders pull for each state Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 22 of 30
Volpes
Regular Contributor

@tdrjustus3 wrote:

I am in New York.  I wonder if they pull EX here too.  It's my best score.  Anybody know?

Possibly, but tends to be TU

They pulled TU for me (Indiana)

Message 23 of 30
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@tdrjustus3 wrote:

I live next door in CT , and they pulled TU for what its worth. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 24 of 30
BootStraps
Established Contributor

I am in NY...

GEMB/Walmart pulls Transunion here.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 30
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Got my Walmart Discover back in April with a $700 credit limit.

Looking at my current EX and EQ and there's no inquiries from Walmart/GEMB or whatever it is on either so it does appear to be TransUnion.  Tried looking at my TransUnion as well but they're trying to charge me $10 to view it even though they're supposed to let you see a free one if you got denied for a credit limit increase or other similar things.

Got it mainly for the free FICO but use it at least once a month for something minor and saw a CreditKarma message today saying that they bumped my credit limit to $2400.

Rewards % aren't competitive so don't intend to use it as a primary but I won't complain about randomly granted credit limit increases that help my utilization rate. Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 30
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@tdrjustus3 wrote:

I live next door in CT , and they pulled TU for what its worth. 

Also in Connecticut and they pulled TU. They softed me first and sent a preapproval...I was in the 630's.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 27 of 30
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

its taking forever for mine to come

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 28 of 30
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@BootStraps wrote:

I am in NY...

GEMB/Walmart pulls Transunion here.

+1. GECRB pulled TU when I got a Walmart Discover card. I live in New York City.

Message 29 of 30
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Volpes wrote:

@knoregs wrote:

@Volpes wrote:

thnks

I was really hoping for the Discover card,

This is exactly what has kept me from appling....

~kn

Yeah, some of the approvals I was seeing on another site gave me hope I would land a WM Discover card... I need to stop gambling. Smiley Tongue

Since I grocery shop at Meijer, I really should shoot for a Meijer rewards MasterCard. I need to improve my credit profile first, so maybe next year.

@Leadberry wrote:

The 6-18 months 0% interest offer they have going on through the end of the year certainly isn't bad.  Smiley Tongue

In store only, although I wonder... does "site-to-store" qualify?

By default, you can't get the deferred financing on Walmart.com.  However, if you are planning on making a large purchase on the website, call the 1-800 number on the back of the card!  I work at a Walmart Tire & Lube Express.  In order to get the deferred financing, a barcode has to be scanned when the transaction is ran through.  I forgot to do this for a customer who bought $600 in tires.  I called the 1-800 number on the back of his card, gave them some info about the transaction, and they said they would manually give him the 18 months deferred interest on the transaction and that it would be noted on his next statement.

IMO, if you call them and tell them you only intend to use your Walmart credit card for your purchase if they can give you the deferred interest, that may sway them in your favor.  Keep in mind that they will back charge you for all unpaid interest if the entire balance of the transaction is not paid by the end of the deferment period.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.