Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant get approved

Hello all. I must say getting a revolving card must be hard these days. I have tried with no success. The only revolving acct i have is my badcock acct. As far as threst of the credit report i have had 10 installment accts all paid on time 7 now paid off. and two small medical collections  $ 200 each current eq fico score is 651 any ideas
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Cant get approved

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all. I must say getting a revolving card must be hard these days. I have tried with no success. The only revolving acct i have is my badcock acct. As far as threst of the credit report i have had 10 installment accts all paid on time 7 now paid off. and two small medical collections  $ 200 each current eq fico score is 651 any ideas

Many people are going the route of getting a secured credit card. Search the forums for secured credit card, and you will get a lot of information.

And...yes...it is more difficult to get revolving credit these days, and it may get even tougher.

Message 2 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Any reporting lates? How bad and how recent? Medical collections - paid? and how recent?

You only have installment history and no revolving. Most likely you are going to need to go the secured routed to get on the board. Better that than subprime. You may want to consider a local CU.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No i dont have any late payments i quess that is the one thing helping my score according to myfico. and the medical collections are unpaid. and reported a mth ago. As far as the secured card i will get one of those i guess just looking to get a credit mix. The badcock card reports as a rev credit line ant that the same as a credit card ? oh also just got a email from score watch score went up 19 pts Smiley Happy all  the good reporting must be overriding the two small medical collections
Message Edited by gamoo1 on 09-05-2009 02:07 PM
Message 4 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No i dont have any late payments i quess that is the one thing helping my score according to myfico. and the medical collections are unpaid. and reported a mth ago. As far as the secured card i will get one of those i guess just looking to get a credit mix. The badcock card reports as a rev credit line ant that the same as a credit card ? oh also just got a email from score watch score went up 19 pts Smiley Happy all  the good reporting must be overriding the two small medical collections

Recent unresolved baddies are generally a show stopper.

Message 5 of 6
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Recent unresolved baddies are generally a show stopper.

Amen! My auto lender recently posted a late -because I didn't pay the entire balance by the maturity date and it took a month for me to PIF, I'll send a GW letter soon. Anyway, I can't seem to get a cli for nothing! I'm surprised I got a Macy's account. Speaking of which, the new accounts don't help my chances either. But I figure in the long run I'll have a few "old" accounts.  For now I'll take good care of what I have.  

Gamoo1 keep reading the forums for advice. 

Message Edited by Safe4Me2 on 09-05-2009 07:21 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.