Reply
Member
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎08-01-2009
0

Cant get approved

Hello all. I must say getting a revolving card must be hard these days. I have tried with no success. The only revolving acct i have is my badcock acct. As far as threst of the credit report i have had 10 installment accts all paid on time 7 now paid off. and two small medical collections  $ 200 each current eq fico score is 651 any ideas
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,682
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: Cant get approved


gamoo1 wrote:
Hello all. I must say getting a revolving card must be hard these days. I have tried with no success. The only revolving acct i have is my badcock acct. As far as threst of the credit report i have had 10 installment accts all paid on time 7 now paid off. and two small medical collections  $ 200 each current eq fico score is 651 any ideas

 

Many people are going the route of getting a secured credit card. Search the forums for secured credit card, and you will get a lot of information.

 

And...yes...it is more difficult to get revolving credit these days, and it may get even tougher.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Cant get approved


gamoo1 wrote:
Hello all. I must say getting a revolving card must be hard these days. I have tried with no success. The only revolving acct i have is my badcock acct. As far as threst of the credit report i have had 10 installment accts all paid on time 7 now paid off. and two small medical collections  $ 200 each current eq fico score is 651 any ideas

Any reporting lates? How bad and how recent? Medical collections - paid? and how recent?

 

You only have installment history and no revolving. Most likely you are going to need to go the secured routed to get on the board. Better that than subprime. You may want to consider a local CU.

Member
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎08-01-2009
0

Re: Cant get approved

[ Edited ]
No i dont have any late payments i quess that is the one thing helping my score according to myfico. and the medical collections are unpaid. and reported a mth ago. As far as the secured card i will get one of those i guess just looking to get a credit mix. The badcock card reports as a rev credit line ant that the same as a credit card ? oh also just got a email from score watch score went up 19 pts :smileyhappy: all  the good reporting must be overriding the two small medical collections
Message Edited by gamoo1 on 09-05-2009 02:07 PM
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Cant get approved


gamoo1 wrote:
No i dont have any late payments i quess that is the one thing helping my score according to myfico. and the medical collections are unpaid. and reported a mth ago. As far as the secured card i will get one of those i guess just looking to get a credit mix. The badcock card reports as a rev credit line ant that the same as a credit card ? oh also just got a email from score watch score went up 19 pts :smileyhappy: all  the good reporting must be overriding the two small medical collections

Recent unresolved baddies are generally a show stopper.

New Contributor
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎07-30-2009
0

Re: Cant get approved

[ Edited ]






creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

gamoo1 wrote:
No i dont have any late payments i quess that is the one thing helping my score according to myfico. and the medical collections are unpaid. and reported a mth ago. As far as the secured card i will get one of those i guess just looking to get a credit mix. The badcock card reports as a rev credit line ant that the same as a credit card ? oh also just got a email from score watch score went up 19 pts :smileyhappy: all  the good reporting must be overriding the two small medical collections

Recent unresolved baddies are generally a show stopper.


Amen! My auto lender recently posted a late -because I didn't pay the entire balance by the maturity date and it took a month for me to PIF, I'll send a GW letter soon. Anyway, I can't seem to get a cli for nothing! I'm surprised I got a Macy's account. Speaking of which, the new accounts don't help my chances either. But I figure in the long run I'll have a few "old" accounts.  For now I'll take good care of what I have.  

 

Gamoo1 keep reading the forums for advice. 

.


 

Message Edited by Safe4Me2 on 09-05-2009 07:21 PM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.