Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 0% BT offer disappeared after using it once

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 0% BT offer disappeared after using it once

Many of my Cap 1 accounts have had 0% BT offers for a long time.  They were a constant.  Then they all disappeared after I took advantage of the offer once.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 0% BT offer disappeared after using it once

@masscredit wrote:

Many of my Cap 1 accounts have had 0% BT offers for a long time.  They were a constant.  Then they all disappeared after I took advantage of the offer once.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

I have used the 18 month 0% with a 2% fee a few times and have always paid off within 6 months. Then when I wanted to use again I logged on to check for offers. There would be none. Then I would log on to my online Cap1 account a day or so later and a 18 month bt offer with 2% would show up on a big screen before taking me to my account information. That has happened twice.

How long did it take you to payoff the bt with them?

Message 2 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I recently moved so I had a bunch of expenses.  My plan was to use a couple of my cards for those then BT the balances to Cap 1 (0% plus BT fee).  I'd slowly pay them down while waiting for the house to sell then pay them off. I did one transfer without a problem (about $4900). I went to do the next (bigger) one a few weeks later and found the offers to be gone. That wasn't supposed to happen!  Now I'm looking for another card with a good BT offer and might provide me with a SL high enough to take care of the final transfer ($8500).

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

I recently moved so I had a bunch of expenses.  My plan was to use a couple of my cards for those then BT the balances to Cap 1 (0% plus BT fee).  I'd slowly pay them down while waiting for the house to sell then pay them off. I did one transfer without a problem (about $4900). I went to do the next (bigger) one a few weeks later and found the offers to be gone. That wasn't supposed to happen!  Now I'm looking for another card with a good BT offer and might provide me with a SL high enough to take care of the final transfer ($8500).

What were the terms of the Cap1 bt you used before and how long did it take you to pay it off?

Message 4 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

What were the terms of the Cap1 bt you used before and how long did it take you to pay it off?

I did it in May so I've only made one payment. It's either 12 or 18 months at 0%. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I did it in May so I've only made one payment. It's either 12 or 18 months at 0%. 

You most likely won't be offered another until the one you have now is significantly paid down. Or, paid off.

Message 6 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

And just like that, they came back to my 3 accounts. I still have a healthy balance on one of my cards ($4900 / $15K)

Transfer a balance to your credit card at 0% APR for 18 months with a 3% transfer fee. After that, you will be charged the APR for Purchases, currently 13.99% variable. 

Transfer a balance to your credit card at 0% APR for 18 months with a 2% transfer fee. After that, you will be charged the APR for Purchases, currently 13.99% variable.

Transfer a balance to your credit card at 0% APR for 12 months with a 2% transfer fee. After that, you will be charged the APR for Purchases, currently 20.9% variable.

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

And just like that, they came back to my 3 accounts. I still have a healthy balance on one of my cards ($4900 / $15K)

Transfer a balance to your credit card at 0% APR for 18 months with a 3% transfer fee. After that, you will be charged the APR for Purchases, currently 13.99% variable. 

Transfer a balance to your credit card at 0% APR for 18 months with a 2% transfer fee. After that, you will be charged the APR for Purchases, currently 13.99% variable.

Transfer a balance to your credit card at 0% APR for 12 months with a 2% transfer fee. After that, you will be charged the APR for Purchases, currently 20.9% variable.

Good deal. After you hit the "transfer a balance" a few times, it always re-appears.

Message 8 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

The only offer I had for a few months is the one to transfer a balance at the card's APR. I ended up getting a PenFed card to do a BT because I had a plan that fell apart when the Cap 1 0% offer disappeared.  They were giving me that one forever!

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.