Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 AF, What to Do? *Update*

tag
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 AF, What to Do? *Update*

OK - Soooo, my Capital One Annual Fee is coming up on the 30th. I've landed some pretty nice cards in the past year, This was a rebuilder card for me - It's the $39 AF, what should I do? Bite the bullet and keep it, in hopes they'll increase my $500 Limit (ha) or Close it? Not sure what to do....

Would appreciate all the Advice......

Thanks.

EDIT: So I Emailed the Executive Office - A lady called me back about 24 hours later (I was absolutely shocked) she said they will look into 1. Raising my Credit Line, (I reinforced that I had Chase Freedom, Discover and AMEX) 2. Waive the Annual Fee, and 3. Product Changing. She asked me some questions about annual income, etc. She said she will get back with me in 48 Hours. 

Not sure what this means as far as any of the 3 Above, but hey, sounds pretty good to me...... 

To be continued.....

ANOTHER EDIT: I have just been checking my Capital One online account periodically to see if anything has happened. TODAY is the Day! Raised my Limit from $500 to $1000! I'm absolutely shocked. Also, I opened the Card the 26th of last year and it's the 27th, I wasn't dinged for an AF, maybe that got waived too? Not sure, I'm just happy I had success with the EO! Smiley LOL WOOO HOOOOOOO! I've had a good week, Barclays Approval, Citi Soft Pull CLI, and now CAP 1. Smiley LOL Thanks everyone for all the help. 

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 AF, What to Do?

@collinsridge wrote:

OK - Soooo, my Capital One Annual Fee is coming up on the 30th. I've landed some pretty nice cards in the past year, This was a rebuilder card for me - It's the $39 AF, what should I do? Bite the bullet and keep it, in hopes they'll increase my $500 Limit (ha) or Close it? Not sure what to do....

Thanks.

None of the above contact EO for CLI.... AF.... waive 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

+1 myjourney Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+2

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 9
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

+4

photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 6 of 9
Anf_dude
Contributor

+5.! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 9
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

EDIT!

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 8 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 AF, What to Do? *Update*

@collinsridge wrote:

Thanks.

EDIT: So I Emailed the Executive Office - A lady called me back about 24 hours later (I was absolutely shocked) she said they will look into 1. Raising my Credit Line, (I reinforced that I had Chase Freedom, Discover and AMEX) 2. Waive the Annual Fee, and 3. Product Changing. She asked me some questions about annual income, etc. She said she will get back with me in 48 Hours. 

Not sure what this means as far as any of the 3 Above, but hey, sounds pretty good to me...... 

To be continued.....

ANOTHER EDIT: I have just been checking my Capital One online account periodically to see if anything has happened. TODAY is the Day! Raised my Limit from $500 to $1000! I'm absolutely shocked. Also, I opened the Card the 26th of last year and it's the 27th, I wasn't dinged for an AF, maybe that got waived too? Not sure, I'm just happy I had success with the EO! Smiley LOL WOOO HOOOOOOO! I've had a good week, Barclays Approval, Citi Soft Pull CLI, and now CAP 1. Smiley LOL Thanks everyone for all the help. 

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.