Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 AU Remove

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 AU Remove

I'm a AU and a Cap 1 card and I removed myself will it report for me with a zero balance and closed. The main person has a balance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 AU Remove

It should stop reporting entirely.

It cannot report "closed" if the original account holder stil has the account open.

It cannot report a zero balance if the account actually does have a balance.

It was a good move to remove yourself if you have your own accounts now and the account holder on this one is running a balance that affects your utilization and/or has made late payments - but now that you've done so, this account should no longer appear on your report at all.

Message 2 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It should stop reporting entirely.

It cannot report "closed" if the original account holder stil has the account open.

It cannot report a zero balance if the account actually does have a balance.

It was a good move to remove yourself if you have your own accounts now and the account holder on this one is running a balance that affects your utilization and/or has made late payments - but now that you've done so, this account should no longer appear on your report at all.

Cap 1 told me differently.

Message 3 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If you want this account removed from your report completely, dispute them with the credit bureaus as "not my account" and it should be removed without issue. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corymcd88 wrote:

Cap 1 told me differently.

It sounds like the rep you spoke to was uninformed.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

If you want this account removed from your report completely, dispute them with the credit bureaus as "not my account" and it should be removed without issue. 

This is true. I removed myself from my mom Walmart card, because she missed one payment and it made my score drop. I disputed it through Credit Karma and put "I am not responsible for this account". They removed the account completely in 2-3 days. No problems.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense....but that is funny as crap
'Cap-1 told me, differently '

What?

You been some (no offense to them) schmuck front line CSR at Cap-1 declared to you how Credit reporting works and you think that is a source of valid information don't fool yourself.

And again, no offense to the CSR it isn't their job to be that informed or to be held accountable for how exactly these types of things will work, especially for a non-member customer....and make no mistake a AU isn't a customer, the CSR is doing a quick get off my phone FAVOR.

The information given by other posters is correct..
How can one 'expect' a closed account with a zero balance related to an account that isn't THEIR account, please THINK this out, it makes ZERO sense.

You piggyback yourself on somebody else's credit grab your cards , move on thank the heavens that these cheat exist, period the end.

Yes, ppl it's an allowed 'cheat' take it if you have the opportunity but don't start smelling yourself, like you're owed, the same swag as if your NAME was the one on the marquee, you weren't the headliner, chill out.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I are going thru a divorce and are in the process of removing each other from our accounts.

The Capital One card of hers that I was an AU on still reports on my Credit Karma (I know) report - But it lists it as "Responsibility:  Terminated"  and "Account Status: Closed"

It's been reporting like that for the last 4 months.  TransUnion still has the credit limit ($18,000) mixed in with my available credit and utilization, while Equifax has removed it from that calculation.   Makes for a very unblalanced utilization report.

Message 8 of 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I have removed AU's and my experience is....

It will report as open on TU with a zero balance, it is still counted in the Au Utilization but always reports zero open.

EQ and EX both report closed zero balance on the AU report and are not counted in Utilization.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.