cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Account Combination - Any Downsides?

tag
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Account Combination - Any Downsides?

Good to know. I'm due for two CLI on my cards, and I was thinking of combining them next month. Glad there aren't any major things to worry about.

Message 21 of 22
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Account Combination - Any Downsides?

@Anonymous wrote:

This may not apply to you since your combined limit would be massive and you might not want more than that, but one small disadvantage I see is that combining your 2 cards into 1 halves the number of SP CLIs you can get from the luv button. Put another way, right now you can achieve SP CLIs with the luv button at a rate of two per six months (1 for each card). After you combine, you will only achieve one SP CLI every six months. 

This is something that I've thought about. Also wondered if there might be a chance for greater increases on larger CLIs. Like $5K on a $20K limit instead of $2500 on a $10K limit. But, based on my recent CLI denial, low use of a high credit line might slow or stop the increases from happening at some point. Then just the people that truely need them, the ones that get close to their limit will get them. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.