Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Auto CLI **happy happy joy joy**

tag
kulamrazool82
Valued Member

Re: Cap 1 Auto CLI **happy happy joy joy**

Congrats. I guess CL approved for you as per credit steps program. May I know, when you opened this account? and what was the initial limit?

- Syed

Scores: 723 (EX CITI Pull 11/09/13), 669 (CK 11/21/13), 680 (EQ Duck Card Score 11/11/13) 664 (Walmart TU FICO Nov '13)
Duck Card - 12K | Amex BCE - 2K | Amex Costco - 1.2K | CITI TY Pref - 6.5K | Chase Freedom - 3K | DCU Visa - 5K | Genisys CU Visa - 2K | Discover More - 4.5K | Cap1 Q Silver - 1500 | Cap One Hassle Free - 1500 | Amazon Store - 1900 | Walmart Store - 800 | Kohls - 300 | Macys - 800
Message 11 of 22
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all.  Yes, mine is a credit steps, but I wasn't so sure they would follow through with any bump considering all the denials of cli I have been seeing lately.  I got the card in the beginning of June, so this was my 5th statement cut (they cut the first one just one week after I got my card, then again at the end of June...it was weird).  Went from $1,000 to $1,500.

Funny thing is that I have an Orchard card that I have had for over a year now and figured that just maybe since Cap 1 had taken over they would consider giving me a little bump on that card, so I called a couple of months ago - no way, no how.  Another reason I was not so sure of any increase on this card.  There really is no rhyme or reason over at good old Cap 1.  Maybe you are correct...the end is near!  lol

Message 12 of 22
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Oh..a credit steps CLI....ok...false alarm...move on...nothing to see here....

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 13 of 22
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@MarcinXP wrote:

A cli is a cli...credit steps or not.  I will take it any way that I can get it.

Message 14 of 22
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

@MarcinXP wrote:

A cli is a cli...credit steps or not.  I will take it any way that I can get it.

I understand that and congrats to you. not trying to diminish your accomplishment, however Cap 1 Auto CLI is most likely going to be a hot viewed topic as we all want to know what happened and how someone got Auto CLI....but to find out its credit steps is dissapointing as everyone pretty much gets 1 credit step after 6 months of having a card and then nothing for rest of your life with Capital One.

It's kinda like seeing a forum post that says...I use to sleep with Scarlett Johansson and you open up the post to read up on this lucky dude and you find out the post was made by Ryan Reynolds...like I said..congrats...but we've all been there...while I'm happy for you...I was expecting some news about CAp1 finally doing Auto CLIs not related to credit steps.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 15 of 22
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Thank you.

I do see where you are coming from, but my main point was that given all of the denials that Cap 1 has been giving and all the reports of people saying that the response to cli requests were that they are currently reviewing their cli policies, I was not holding my breath that even with the credit steps program that I would get an increase.  In essence that they would stop the auto cli, drop the program (without even telling us - it is Cap 1 we are talking about here), or change it to make it more difficult to get a cli or take longer.

Message 16 of 22
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! I guess Cap 1 is feeling a bit generous. I just received an auto CLI today also.

Message 17 of 22
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Sassy.  Congrats to you too!

Message 18 of 22
firesoul453
Contributor

Congrats!

Cap1 only gave me one bump in two years of only $250...

Hopefully they're changing

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 19 of 22
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

Just opened my statement from Cap 1 and my cli got a random $500 bump.  Woo Hoo!  Didn't expect that considering all the posts I have been seeing about their "we are not issuing limit increases due to reviews" (or something like that), and the problems a lot have been having through the backdoor and exec office requests.  That actually just soothed my app itch a little.  Smiley Very Happy

That's awesome. I want to see how much they would auto CLI on my cash rewards after 6 months.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.