Frequent Contributor
ralbusta

Cap 1 Balance Transfer Pre-approval offer

[ Edited ]
I couldn't resist I tried the pre-approval offer button at cap 1.com and I got an offer for no fee balance transfer at 8.9% with 0% on purchases until 12/08 and 8.9% thereafter.

Anyway so I app'd and was approved (only $300 :smileysad: It says final CL based on further review of app, might go higher?) Not bad considering I still have a charge off from them reporting. After 4 months I'll get a cli probably to $500.

I know the horror stories about cap 1, but DW has had them for a while and they've been giving her some decent increases for someone with only 5 months history.

Anyway it made sense with me to transfer the balance from applied bank at 19% to cap 1 8.9%. I'll scrap applied after it goes through. Those monthly $10 fees, etc. are too much.

Now I'll have to see what hit I take score wise. I'll keep you updated and let you know who they pulled from.

--oops can you please move to credit cards, posted here by mistake

Message Edited by ralbusta on 07-08-2008 05:50 PM
Frequent Contributor
ralbusta

Re: Cap 1 Balance Transfer Pre-approval offer

[ Edited ]
It looks like they only pulled from TU

--nope now it looks like they pulled all three

Message Edited by ralbusta on 07-09-2008 09:33 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+