cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 CLI attempt with small balance on card?

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Cap 1 CLI attempt with small balance on card?

Tomorrow is my 6 month date from my last CLI on my Quicksilver. My last statement cut at $0 and I have a current balance of about $300 on the card. Credit limit is 9k. Should I pull the trigger or will it be better if the card is paid to $0 first? Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 CLI attempt with small balance on card?

@Marcos8 wrote:

Tomorrow is my 6 month date from my last CLI on my Quicksilver. My last statement cut at $0 and I have a current balance of about $300 on the card. Credit limit is 9k. Should I pull the trigger or will it be better if the card is paid to $0 first? Thanks!

Your balance won't affect the CLI request at all.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

Your balance won't affect the CLI request at all.  Good luck.

Yep. Hit the luv button a couple days ago with a $400 balance and got a $3k CLI for my Venture.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Irish. Is that because of OP having a low ratio on that card or does it really

not matter what the balance is at all for Cap1 CLI?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't hurt to try. I just got a CLI with a balance on the card (Util at 29%), but, as always, YMMV. 

Message 5 of 10
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Same here with util @ 27%... got $1,000 cli.  Goodluck!! Be sure to let us know how it works out for you Smiley Wink

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!!

I tried the luv button yesterday with them, and received a message that I'd know in a few days their decision. Have read here it most likely means a rejection, and no CLI. Oh well, I'll only be using the QS for my Uber trips now (get 20% back with each trip).

Message 7 of 10
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Success!! Approved increase from 9k to 12K! I have been giving them heavy ( for me ) usage as of late. In trying to max out my profile and increase my avail credit I have been focusing heavily on my cards that have SP credit line increases. I have been able to get my BCP to 27k with no 4506-t and will not press further. So the focus moved on to my Cap 1 card since my other cards ( Slate and BOA) will both be HP for CLI. I gave the quicksilver lots of swipes and usually PIF but not always. What I also did this time was utilize Cap 1's no fee BT option to temporarily move about 7.5 k to the quicksilver for almost a month before moving it to my BOA which had a nice 0% BT promo on it. 

Thanks for the help everyone

Message 8 of 10
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Wink

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.