Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 CLI

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Cap 1 CLI

I have searched and have found NADA about this.  When you hit the CLI luv button and it gives you the whole we will send you a notice crap in your inbox...yada yada yada....I know that is a denial.  So, it gives you the reason why they denied it and the the SCORE and DATE of the Credit report that they used.  Well, how often do they update that? Does anyone know, because the reps/accnt managers keep thinking I am asking them when does it REPORT to the CB...LMAO  Mine, that they used, has my score from DEC 2014...My score is up almost 80 points from them...So, was just curious.  Thanks everyone!

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 CLI

It's been known to use as far back as six months. It's why I have pulled teeth with the EO office. My EQ score (see sig) just updated in January. They are working far behind. It's also more difficult (research is discovering this) if you entered while in sub prime territory, like I did. Oh well, I have okay limit (what I initially asked for) and perma waived fee. Will I keep it? Other opportunities are starting to emerge, and all our credit journey's take different steps.

However, if closing a card, for optimization purposes, I suggest keeping it open for one year. My legacy visa is a rebuilder, and will be closed after the 12th statement hits. Just my opinion.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One is a finicky bunch.  You can have the best score & they will deny you if you apply too often for their cards.  I applied to a CL increase on two & applied for their Saks & Neiman's cards.  Got the CL & Saks but no Neiman's card.  They said too many at once. I think the same applies for CL increases.  At least thats what they tell me.  I think it's a toss up.  You never know what the heck they're going to do.

Message 3 of 6
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Thank you everyone!  I might contact the EO after my statement cuts early next week. It will have been 2 years since I opened the card and 1 years since I got an increase. 

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
It's been known to use as far back as six months. It's why I have pulled teeth with the EO office. My EQ score (see sig) just updated in January. They are working far behind. It's also more difficult (research is discovering this) if you entered while in sub prime territory, like I did. Oh well, I have okay limit (what I initially asked for) and perma waived fee. Will I keep it? Other opportunities are starting to emerge, and all our credit journey's take different steps.

However, if closing a card, for optimization purposes, I suggest keeping it open for one year. My legacy visa is a rebuilder, and will be closed after the 12th statement hits. Just my opinion.

Yeah, they're using a score from NOVEMBER to deny me CLI on my QS WMC now.  Same when I tried with QS Visa which is now dead and buried.

Message 5 of 6
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Ive only been able to get cli on my 5 yr old platinum visa via the EO.

As mentioned, you never know what youre gonna get with them.

I cant get a cli vis the button on my plattie but theyll give me a new Venture for $10k.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.