cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Card-- doesn't work in the readers?

tag
Failingupwards
New Contributor

Cap 1 Card-- doesn't work in the readers?

Has anyone else had an issue actually swiping the card? I haven't had it work in a card reader yet unless it uses the chip/pin method. So, I'm unable to use it to pump gas. Also, since it doesn't have raised numbers, clerks can't imprint it and run it manually.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap 1 Card-- doesn't work in the readers?

@Failingupwards wrote:

Has anyone else had an issue actually swiping the card? I haven't had it work in a card reader yet unless it uses the chip/pin method. So, I'm unable to use it to pump gas. Also, since it doesn't have raised numbers, clerks can't imprint it and run it manually.

I've not had this issue in a while, but with Capital One it's an easy fix - you can request a new card online. 

Just be sure to choose the option for 'damaged card' and not lost, since you want to keep the same card number.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Card-- doesn't work in the readers?

@Failingupwards wrote:

I had the opposite problem recently. Only about a month after getting my new card the chip wouldnt work. Swipe would but most places require the chip now. I just reported a damaged card and had a new one in my mailbox a few days later. Same number, just a replacement card. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.