Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Credit Steps

tag
-Furbz-
Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Credit Steps

when i call cap1 i always get someone that speaks English... now when i call Orchard now thats a diff story 

Message 31 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

I am really bumed I thought I would get one this week due to a 5th statement....maybe I will call and see whats up later

Message 32 of 40
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Furbz is right.  After your 5th statement you should see it reflected on your account BY the 7th, so that tells me at the end of this month, perhaps the first of Feb, you should see it which is now into your 6th statement period but it hasn't cut yet.  Keep us in the loop.  Mine had 5th and I saw it change Oct 1st so I believe it's the start of the following month.

Message 33 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

Thanks Jay

Message 34 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

They just emailed me back, guess I am on different steps

They said 

-the 7th billing statement if you do not miss a required step.
- the 10th billing statement if you miss only one required step.

Message 35 of 40
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, my CS states that I'm due for an increase after 5 months, to be shown on my 7th statement. So, even when I've passed the 5 month mark, I shouldn't expect to see it until the 7th statement. Could this be the same case for you? Just a thought...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 36 of 40
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

FWIW, my CS states that I'm due for an increase after 5 months, to be shown on my 7th statement. So, even when I've passed the 5 month mark, I shouldn't expect to see it until the 7th statement. Could this be the same case for you? Just a thought...

Just to update:  My 6th statement is today and this morning my CL went from $300 to $500.  Better than nothing I guess.  But I'll be sock drawering this card as my CU gave me a higher rate without question.  I'll just use this Cap1 card every once in a while to keep it happy.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Credit St

Update as well, received increase from $300 to $500 this morning as well.  Started in September and this is the 6th statement. I was hoping to get another CLI in the steps program, but this may be it.  Hoping to get at least one more!

Message 38 of 40
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update as well, received increase from $300 to $500 this morning as well.  Started in September and this is the 6th statement. I was hoping to get another CLI in the steps program, but this may be it.  Hoping to get at least one more!

Slightly off the topic, don't buy into applying for a second card if the csr tells you to. I did this mistake, I was at CL 500 (my card was just 3 months old) and I called in to increase the limit atleast temporarily as I had to buy an transatlantic air ticket and I even offered to pay upfront. The CSR told me to apply for another card and then combine the limits. I did so, go approved and once I got the new card, I called back to join and they declined saying they do not have any such feature any more and were sorry about bad information being given to me.

I did not know enough at that time to figure what to do and lived with it. Wish I knew of this forum then.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 39 of 40
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Slightly off the topic, don't buy into applying for a second card if the csr tells you to. I did this mistake, I was at CL 500 (my card was just 3 months old) and I called in to increase the limit atleast temporarily as I had to buy an transatlantic air ticket and I even offered to pay upfront. The CSR told me to apply for another card and then combine the limits. I did so, go approved and once I got the new card, I called back to join and they declined saying they do not have any such feature any more and were sorry about bad information being given to me.

I did not know enough at that time to figure what to do and lived with it. Wish I knew of this forum then.

+1.  Same thing happened to me.  Was told, oh you will definitely qualify for a larger limit on your next card because you've had your current card with great payment history.  Did I, nope...  Same low limit.  So they both are in the sock drawer and I'm just using my Chartway VISA and that is growing with me.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.