Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 EO - CLI & PC!!!

tag
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 EO - CLI & PC!!!

First off, apologies to myjourney! You had suggested that I wait till my 12th statement cut(in about 3 weeks) before hitting up the EO. Of course, I got impatient and sent out an email last Friday. I got a call from the EO a couple of hours after I sent the email. Very polite, all business conversation. My CL was 2k. He asked me how much I was looking for and why. I said I was looking to get my total CL up to 6k and that I have a lot of reimbursable business expenses (which is true). I also asked for a PC from my platinum to the QS. I just got a call back a little while back and they came back with a CLI of 2.5k to take my total CL to 4.5K. Guess they didnt want to be the first ones to get me to the 5k mark. My other cards are the mileage plus explorer @ 2k and barclay arrival at 2.5k. PC to QS was also no problem. Big thanks to all the people who have written about their Cap 1 EO experiences. 

A little background on my Cap 1. Original CL was 500 @ EQ score of 620 11 months ago. They gave me an auto CLI to 2k in March of this year. This was my only card till recently and I have been using it heavily but always PIF. 

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap 1 EO - CLI & PC!!!

Congrats! 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 9
negg
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, cap 1 just skréwed me today. Was in OB customer since march 2011, waited patiently for the switch over. Received my cap 1 card last week, sent an email to the EO, they called me and asked what i would like for a new CL(it's 300atm). I asked for 2000-2500. Well they called me and offered me $500. I declined he CLI and told her the card is absolutely irrelevant to me and will not use it again. She adv me inactivity will get the card closed.. My reply "I look forward to that day". And hung up. Smh.
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 3 of 9
Eightiron
Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! 

+1 (sorry first time quoting, wanted to make sure it worked)

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 4 of 9
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys

Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SPreb wrote:

First off, apologies to myjourney! Lol

@Anonymous had suggested that I wait till my 12th statement cut(in about 3 weeks) before hitting up the EO. Of course, I got impatient and sent out an email last Friday. I got a call from the EO a couple of hours after I sent the email. Very polite, all business conversation. My CL was 2k. He asked me how much I was looking for and why. I said I was looking to get my total CL up to 6k and that I have a lot of reimbursable business expenses (which is true). I also asked for a PC from my platinum to the QS. I just got a call back a little while back and they came back with a CLI of 2.5k to take my total CL to 4.5K. Guess they didnt want to be the first ones to get me to the 5k mark. My other cards are the mileage plus explorer @ 2k and barclay arrival at 2.5k. PC to QS was also no problem. Big thanks to all the people who have written about their Cap 1 EO experiences. 

@A little background on my Cap 1. Original CL was 500 @ EQ score of 620 11 months ago. They gave me an auto CLI to 2k in March of this year. This was my only card till recently and I have been using it heavily but always PIF. 

As long as it worked in your favor Wooo Hooo ....Bravo and Congarts  

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 9
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Happy dance indeed! Does anyone know if Cap1 reports new CL mid cycle or will they do it only when the next statement cuts. I am waiting on my chase to report a zero balance this week. I am looking to open an account at a CU and a CC before I head to the garden! I want to make sure I do it after Cap1 reports and my util is super low after chase reports.

Message 7 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@SPreb wrote:
Thanks! Happy dance indeed! Does anyone know if Cap1 reports new CL mid cycle or will they do it only when the next statement cuts. I am waiting on my chase to report a zero balance this week. I am looking to open an account at a CU and a CC before I head to the garden! I want to make sure I do it after Cap1 reports and my util is super low after chase reports.

When I got a CLI on my MC, it reported mid-cycle, but with the previous statement closing balance. When I got a PC on my Platinum Visa to Venture, it reported right after the statement closed, as ususal. So... ???

Congrats on it working out for you! Sounds like a great result. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 9
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Yes indeed a great result! I will keep an eye out for the mid cycle update.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.