Cap 1 EO Number Issue?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 EO Number Issue?

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

There has been plenty of emails regarding Cap One and their preferred method of contact.  Cold calling is not one of them.  Our BDN thread is full of contact info and we attempt to keep it updated but there are some companies that do not wish the information listed publicly. The BDN thread summarizes Cap 1's desire to quell customer initiated requests for years.   

For those who think we enjoy locking threads to stymie your ability to contact a CEO, you are mistaken.  

Lexie, any call to Capital One is a cold call.. they dont know we are calling them.. its always "out of the blue".. Like they are shocked we should ever have an issue.. So to say we are "cold calling" them is a little out there.. Just saying! Smiley Happy

Not in the case with the calls to EO.  Their process is to respond to your written request with a call so they can then submit your request to UW for review.  If you were previously contacted,  they will tell you to contact them in the future if necessary.  

When and if Cap 1 posts the number on any of their public relations pages (website, social networking, whatever) then we'll be happy to change our policy.

Respectfully, I believe your method of thinking in this situation is wrong.. Again, this is my opinion but I don't see how it is helping others by locking threads that mention the number or the idea of contacting the EO via telephone. The EO is our tool to use at our disposal when we feel we need to take matters higher. Why should we go through CSR after CSR and wait weeks to climb the corporate ladder to talk to somebody who will help when we can simply do it with one simple call? IMHO telling us to contact Capital One through Facebook or Twitter as opposed to a method that works better (EO Phone) is frustrating to say the least. In a world run by computers and social networking, sometimes we still just want/need to go the old fashion route of "I need to take this higher" and for me, posting on Capital Ones Facebook page isn't exactly letting me "take it higher".

I understand you are telling us this is the "Policy" and we are simply saying that the policy may need a review and also may need to be tweeked or revised. Times change, and sometimes a policy needs to be reviewed, it may be that time! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let me be clear, I do not disagree with you in part that Cap One should have a more convenient method of contact.  The issue of allowing the email address of their CEO has been talked about ad nauseam  on this board and between the MODS/ADMIN.  As a new poster you may not be fully aware of how many times the request for the information to be posted publicly is made.  

Like any other thread that request a change in our TOS, this was posted on the Admin board.  If the policy is revised, we will be happy to allow the number to be posted.

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

Let me be clear, I do not disagree with you in part that Cap One should have a more convenient method of contact.  The issue of allowing the email address of their CEO has been talked about ad nauseam  on this board and between the MODS/ADMIN.  As a new poster you may not be fully aware of how many times the request for the information to be posted publicly is made.  

Like any other thread that request a change in our TOS, this was posted on the Admin board.  If the policy is revised, we will be happy to allow the number to be posted.

Thats the problem at hand though, they do have a convenient method of contact, its a phone number to the EO.. and we arent allowed to spread the word about it here. Thats the issue

Message 23 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Thats the problem at hand though, they do have a convenient method of contact, its a phone number to the EO.. and we arent allowed to spread the word about it here. Thats the issue

I never said you cannot spread the word, you cannot do it publicly.  The original question to me was, can it be posted on the BDN thread? That answer is no.  You are free to  google or pm the number. I cautioned that we do not want to abuse the number when it can be easily obtained by requesting a call in writing.  BoA is known for shutting down their numbers every few months and Cap 1 has done the same.  

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good way to do business. You have to get resolutions through a secret number. Not. Get a card with someone like disciver a who don't mind getting called.
Message 25 of 33
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I don't have a horse in this race, and can see both sides clearly.

I'd like to point out to those who are unaware that our mods (including Lexie) are volunteers that help keep this site running, she isn't the boss, and she isn't compensated for her work....she's doing her best to help all of us keep this site up and running the way that it should.

Let's not beat up the Mods, in other words.

Don't like how Capital One does business?  Go somewhere else.  It really is that easy. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's a good way to do business. You have to get resolutions through a secret number. Not. Get a card with someone like disciver a who don't mind getting called.

I agree.. They handle business poorly at times, but for some, Capital one is all that would extend credit so they have no choice.

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

I don't have a horse in this race, and can see both sides clearly.

I'd like to point out to those who are unaware that our mods (including Lexie) are volunteers that help keep this site running, she isn't the boss, and she isn't compensated for her work....she's doing her best to help all of us keep this site up and running the way that it should.

Let's not beat up the Mods, in other words.

Don't like how Capital One does business?  Go somewhere else.  It really is that easy. 

I appreciate all of the work the mods do as I am sure it is not easy at all. This is why I stated that it should be a Policy change as the mods have no say, so i wouldn't say i am beating up the mods, but when we see things that may need a change, we need to speak up. Plenty of us here agree that some things do need to change, that's all Smiley Happy it's not a HUGE deal, but one big enough to warrant discussion. Also, when the thread was locked, it did not mention Policy, it was in fact cited that they did not want Capital One to essentially pull a BOA and close down the number. In all honesty, it doesn't really matter if they do because they will simply open another up directly after closing that one down. My argument was simple; if it exists, let us have access to the information Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I didn't go into specifics because quite frankly, this issue comes up so frequently. As long as Cap One's EO number is not posted publicly, the chances of our TOS changing is slim to none.  The policy, is something we all agreed to when we registered for an account and although I could have reiterated it on that thread, I assumed (wrongly) we were all familiar with the guidelines.  

For those with some time on their hands, this thread goes back two years regarding Cap One and there are many, many others - this issue isn't going away until they change their policy.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-Executive-Office/td-p/1598966/page/28

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

I didn't go into specifics because quite frankly, this issue comes up so frequently. As long as Cap One's EO number is not posted publicly, the chances of our TOS changing is slim to none.  The policy, is something we all agreed to when we registered for an account and although I could have reiterated it on that thread, I assumed (wrongly) we were all familiar with the guidelines.  

For those with some time on their hands, this thread goes back two years regarding Cap One and there are many, many others - this issue isn't going away until they change their policy.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-Executive-Office/td-p/1598966/page/28

NOT trying to sound like a butt when i say this haha Smiley Tongue But, how does Capital One's policy prevent us from spreading the word/number here on MyFico? Sponsorship reasons?

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.