Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Executive Office Email

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 Executive Office Email

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register.  The information on this forum has helped my credit immensely, thank you!

I have a secured Cap 1 card with a $300 credit line- I got it at the beginning of this year.  Since then, my credit has improved by a lot (in the low 700's now)- I have several prime cards, no baddies on the CR's.  I'd like to email Cap 1 to ask for an increase, or to convert to another card (already tried calling the regular number).  I figured it would be a last ditch attempt, since I don't want to pay the AF this January without an increase.  Anyway, would anyone mind sharing the executive office email with me, or any email address that might give me a shot at an increase?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Executive Office Email

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register.  The information on this forum has helped my credit immensely, thank you!

I have a secured Cap 1 card with a $300 credit line- I got it at the beginning of this year.  Since then, my credit has improved by a lot (in the low 700's now)- I have several prime cards, no baddies on the CR's.  I'd like to email Cap 1 to ask for an increase, or to convert to another card (already tried calling the regular number).  I figured it would be a last ditch attempt, since I don't want to pay the AF this January without an increase.  Anyway, would anyone mind sharing the executive office email with me, or any email address that might give me a shot at an increase?  Thanks!

The number is on page 7 of this thread.

I haven't seen the email anywhere yet. Be aware they will not change your secured card to an unsecured no matter what you do. It is a well known policy that they do not graduate their cards. Some people do see unsecured CLIs on their secured accounts, but I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't graduate your card even if you had it for 10 years. 

If your scores are in the 700s why do you still have this card? I would close it and just get better ones. There is no reason to have a $300 CL secured card with scores in the 700s. 

Message 2 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

You can try, but they've made it clear that this card won't graduate. At all.

If you can spare the pulls, maybe you can try for their VentureCard, which is one of their better offerings.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help!  It's actually my oldest card, which I know isn't very old.  I spent a few years repairing my credit, and ventured back into CC's this year.  I'd like to keep it simply because of the age (got it in January, the others in June-Sept), but I have cards with Chase/Discover/BoA now.  Maybe I should just cut the cord?

Message 4 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the help!  It's actually my oldest card, which I know isn't very old.  I spent a few years repairing my credit, and ventured back into CC's this year.  I'd like to keep it simply because of the age (got it in January, the others in June-Sept), but I have cards with Chase/Discover/BoA now.  Maybe I should just cut the cord?

If you close the card, it will continue to report for 10 years. After those 10 years all of your other cards would also have aged, so it kind of evens it out. Closing a card is nothing to worry about, as I doubt $300 will make you take a huge utilization hit. 

#KillIt Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha thanks.  I probably will.  I didn't know they didn't graduate the card, so no real reason to keep it.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
compassion101
Established Contributor

Yeah chop the card, get your security back, and let it age for 10 years before it falls off. Also, if you don't do that, call in January and request they wave the AF.

Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AFAIK Cap1 will not PC a secured card or graduate it, you have to re-apply for another card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Tell Cap One to stick it where the sun don't shine..I finally let em go got better cards now, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 9 of 10
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

CAP1 doesn't graduate secured cards to unsecured. Your oldest tradeline is not even a year. Calling the Exec office would be a waste of time. If you're interested in doing business with CAP1, unfortunately they are just going to tell you that you have to apply for another card as they do not PC (product change) for their customers.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.