Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Luv Button - Recon?

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 Luv Button - Recon?

Hi Guys

Well i found out today that the love button works - It got me from $750 to $1250

I was kind of disappointed with the increase, I was able to tick all boxes in their CLI checklist (usually pays a big chunk of balance, yada yada) I have had the card for 18 months, make multiple payments a month to keep my util low, no bad comments at all across all my cards (i only have 3)

I hit the love button because it said that they would not pull a hard enq (didnt care if they did) so i thought "why not"

It does say do not ask for another CLI within 6 months (this is my first CLI in 18 months - should I send a nice email to the office - or leave it be?

Thanks

Chris

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Luv Button - Recon?

Never hurts to try ..good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!  I guess it wouldn't hurt to try but your chances are slim to none. YMMV

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The CLI is based on the information you provided, the account's history and CR profile.  Unless you're going to be using this CC as your primary one and doesn't meet your spend habits, then it's something to consider.  And, if nothing has changed on your profile, not sure if the EO channel would be any more well-versed to provide any more CLI through U/W.  IMO, the EO channel should be used as last resort in the event that your account had not been reviewed for a CLI in quite a while or to address other major concerns associated with your account (i.e. fees, rewards, PC, etc.).  Seems like the CLI is decent?  Of course, YEMV...

Message 4 of 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

The CLI is based on the information you provided, the account's history and CR profile.  Unless you're going to be using this CC as your primary one and doesn't meet your spend habits, then it's something to consider.  And, if nothing has changed on your profile, not sure if the EO channel would be any more well-versed to provide any more CLI through U/W.  IMO, the EO channel should be used as last resort in the event that your account had not been reviewed for a CLI in quite a while or to address other major concerns associated with your account (i.e. fees, rewards, PC, etc.).  Seems like the CLI is decent?  Of course, YEMV...

I just talked to someone in the EO today, even though I got a CLI on all 3 cards 30 days ago they can submit for a manual review. I went from 500>1000, 500>1000, 300>1000. I just cleaned up my reports so I asked for 5k each. They are "researching" right now. So if you want a higher limit contact the EO.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.