Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 NH and Care Credit

tag
Redissochi
New Contributor

Cap 1 NH and Care Credit

I have a new care credit account (5k) and Cap 1 NH ($500). I haven't used the care credit card yet and don't plan on it just using it for limit and in case I may need it. I have used the Cap 1 card a couple times to get gas and have made 2 payments, however neither card is reporting yet. I apped for QVC and got a $700 limit and they immediately starting reporting. Does anyone know how long it would take for these new tradelines to make an appearance on my reports?

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 NH and Care Credit

GECRB is usually really fast - I had my walmart card report before I even had my card.

Cap One usually takes about 2 billing cycles/statements.

Message 2 of 7
Redissochi
New Contributor

Yes GECRB is crazy fast...I too have not received my QVC card and its already reporting and I had a walmart card in college that has been charged off and the collection has fallen off but GECRB has manage to keep their entry on my report and its not letting go! LOL Sigh...I just wish Care credit would hurry up and report because thats a big tradeline and its funny because Care Credit is GECRB too if I am not mistaken....

Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curisoity which bureau was pulled for care credit?
Message 4 of 7
Redissochi
New Contributor

Honestly I'm not sure. I believe they pulled TU only because I just checked my EX and EQ reports and didn't see it on there.

Message 5 of 7
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Redissochi wrote:

Yes GECRB is crazy fast...I too have not received my QVC card and its already reporting and I had a walmart card in college that has been charged off and the collection has fallen off but GECRB has manage to keep their entry on my report and its not letting go! LOL Sigh...I just wish Care credit would hurry up and report because thats a big tradeline and its funny because Care Credit is GECRB too if I am not mistaken....

I think the length of the interest-free period for CareCredit is determined by the dentist/veterinarian, so it takes a while for information to ping-pong back and forth.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Redissochi wrote:

I have a new care credit account (5k) and Cap 1 NH ($500). I haven't used the care credit card yet and don't plan on it just using it for limit and in case I may need it.

Just fyi, my care credit card was closed due to non-usage after sitting for about 9 months.  Which is kind of silly to me.  Generally, you don't need frequent medical care so obvioulsy you wouldn't use it like a regular card.   

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.