cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?

Regular Contributor

Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?

Trying to find a card that has no foreign transaction fees with decent reward...but when I read their rewards program description I really don't find it attractive to me. Can anyone share some experience with Cap1 miles rewards? 

 

Somewhere along the line I read something like this:  

15,000 miles Saver (tickets up to $150)

35,000 miles Standard (tickets from $150.01–$350)

60,000 miles Super (tickets from $350.01–$600)

 

 

So if I find a ticket that's $400, it pretty much means I will waste 20,000 miles....am I right? 

 

 

No Hassle MilesSM Rewards Credit Card

Message Edited by howhow16 on 02-14-2010 03:37 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?

Capital One No Hassle Miles Ultra Credit Card for Professionals

 

I don't know what your credit is like, but above is the card we're looking at. It gives 2 miles per dollar spent, and I don't think you lose miles when you cash in your rewards. I have not totally looked through all the details yet. There is a $39 annual fee, which I think is more than compensated by the 2 miles earned per dollar spent.

 

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/miles/?linkid=WWW_0608_CARD_TGUNS01760_CCMAIN_H3_01_T...

 

This is a link to some of their travel rewards cards.

 

I'm a travel rewards junkie, and the only card I have an annual fee on right now will be the Delta AmEx (although the fee hasn't kicked in yet). The Capital One card may be a better deal. We fly a lot...and I don't like to pay for it. So, the miles cards work well for us.

Message 2 of 8
New Contributor

Re: Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?


howhow16 wrote:

Trying to find a card that has no foreign transaction fees with decent reward..


 

You're always better off with CashBack rather than ff miles unless you prefer to fly business/First Class overseas. Go with the Schwab 2% card. No foreign transaction fee.

 

-------------------------------------------------

EQ FICO...816
Message 3 of 8
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?


LustForTheMoment wrote:

howhow16 wrote:

Trying to find a card that has no foreign transaction fees with decent reward..


 

You're always better off with CashBack rather than ff miles unless you prefer to fly business/First Class overseas. Go with the Schwab 2% card. No foreign transaction fee.

 


I was informed that Schwab card requires a Schwab One account now...I don't mind getting their combined account but it might be difficult for me to get approved with my current credit score FICO EQ of 707.
 
 

 

Message 4 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?


LynetteM wrote:

Capital One No Hassle Miles Ultra Credit Card for Professionals

 

I don't know what your credit is like, but above is the card we're looking at. It gives 2 miles per dollar spent, and I don't think you lose miles when you cash in your rewards. I have not totally looked through all the details yet. There is a $39 annual fee, which I think is more than compensated by the 2 miles earned per dollar spent.

 

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/miles/?linkid=WWW_0608_CARD_TGUNS01760_CCMAIN_H3_01_T...

 

This is a link to some of their travel rewards cards.

 

I'm a travel rewards junkie, and the only card I have an annual fee on right now will be the Delta AmEx (although the fee hasn't kicked in yet). The Capital One card may be a better deal. We fly a lot...and I don't like to pay for it. So, the miles cards work well for us.


 

I have this card.  If you don't redeem the miles for travel or merchandise and decide to redeem for cash, you lose the 2x and only get 1x.  So make sure you want FF/travel rewards and won't want to convert to cash...cause the cash isn't very good.

 

However, this card also offers the PRIMARY auto rental collision and loss damage coverage, which saves you a lot from the charges the auto rental company will charge you ($15-25 per day).  So for traveler's this saves you money and protects your primary policy against insurance claims and paying deductibles.

 

It also provides the travel insurance, purchase extended warranty and assurance and road side assistance and then there is the no FT fees.

 

This card is targeted at the road warrior or mucho traveler.

 

 

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator


09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Message 5 of 8
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?

Cap1 offering of points/mile is not that great anymore.  Luckily I applied back when they give 5 points per dollar on gas and gocery purchases and 1 points on everything else.  Then they decided to rework their reward system to jack up the points needed for the rewards.  In addition to all this, my credit limit is stuck at $750 for 1 and a half year now. 
Message 6 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?

If you have a $750 CL, then you have a builder card, most likely. The prime cards usually start at $2-3K or higher.

 

The Ultra Pro card is for excellent credit...though who knows what their CLI policies will be at this point even on prime.

 

IME IMO Smiley Happy

 

 

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator


09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Message 7 of 8
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap 1 No Hassle Miles Rewards...is it worth it?

No one has answered my question yet...do you lose miles when you redeem for a ticket that's cheaper than 600 dollars??? what if you buy a 1000 dollar ticket? 
Message 8 of 8