Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 PC Help!!!

tag
NLYTN
Valued Member

Cap 1 PC Help!!!

I currently have a Cap 1 Platinum MC and have been thinking of PC'ing to the Quicksilver One (already have the Visa Quicksilver). I was wondering if I change products will they still allow me to keep my current APR @ 7.9% or does that automatically move me the advertised 22% ? I was also wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting an CLI when doing PC. My current CL is at 2250 (not bad for the Plat MC) but $3k would be better. Also was wondering if anyone has had any success moving from Plat MC to a Venture One (what i really want to do) ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap 1 PC Help!!!

@NLYTN wrote:

@I currently have a Cap 1 Platinum MC and have been thinking of PC'ing to the Quicksilver One (already have the Visa Quicksilver). I was wondering if I change products will they still allow me to keep my current APR @ 7.9% or does that automatically move me the advertised 22% ? 

Terms remain the same.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NLYTN wrote:

@I currently have a Cap 1 Platinum MC and have been thinking of PC'ing to the Quicksilver One (already have the Visa Quicksilver). I was wondering if I change products will they still allow me to keep my current APR @ 7.9% or does that automatically move me the advertised 22% ? I was also wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting an CLI when doing PC. My current CL is at 2250 (not bad for the Plat MC) but $3k would be better. Also was wondering if anyone has had any success moving from Plat MC to a Venture One (what i really want to do) ?

How close are you to getting an increase?  I PCd my Platinum to a QS1 after my credit steps.  Was hoping to PC it to a regular QS, but no dice.  I believe that the APR you start out with, you keep, but I'm sure those with more experience will correct me if I am mistaken.  Can't say whether or not you can go from a MC to a VISA.  Perhaps someone will chime in on that.  Since you have a regular QS, have you thought about combining limits.  When my second QS1 qualifies for an increase, I plan to combine the two QS1s into one card.  Good luck on PCing your Cap 1. 

Message 3 of 4
NLYTN
Valued Member

Not sure how close I am to getting an increase as this card is not in credit steps. Thanks to this site I did however get a $1500 increase (from 750) a couple of months ago. Not to interested in combining limits as this is a sub prime card and my QS is not. However I have had this card since 2011 (Orchard Bank) and was switched to the Plat in 2014. It's my oldest card and I want to hold on to it. Maybe I will contact them on Facebook and see what my options are.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.