Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 - Product Change

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 - Product Change

I was able to product change from the Venture (fee) to the Cash Rewards card today with the 1% plus 50% year end bonus.

It was no problem to make this switch and I like the cash rewards as we do not travel that much. The 50% year end bonus will enable this card to fit quite well in to my portfolio. It will replace my USAA WMC as my everyday spending card.

For travel cards, I still have my Chase Southwest Visa as well as my Delta Amex Gold. I do not mind paying the annual fees on these two cards.

YMMV - but this PC was super easy for me.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap 1 - Product Change

@RockinRay wrote:

I was able to product change from the Venture (fee) to the Cash Rewards card today with the 1% plus 50% year end bonus.

It was no problem to make this switch and I like the cash rewards as we do not travel that much. The 50% year end bonus will enable this card to fit quite well in to my portfolio. It will replace my USAA WMC as my everyday spending card.

For travel cards, I still have my Chase Southwest Visa as well as my Delta Amex Gold. I do not mind paying the annual fees on these two cards.

YMMV - but this PC was super easy for me.

Nice, well done! It should be pretty easy with their prime cards, but very difficult, if not impossible, with the builder cards.

Message 2 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice !!

How long did you have the previous card?

I have a rebuilder card with them that doesnt want to grow past $1100 CL. Would like the green cashback card too. But not willing to take a hit on all 3

Message 3 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Nice !!

I have a rebuilder card with them that doesnt want to grow past $1100 CL. Would like the green cashback card too. But not willing to take a hit on all 3

It's definitely possible to PC your rebuilder card if it is a platinum or something other than like a secured. They PCd my Cap1 Platinum MC to the cash rewards with no issue after having it for 2 weeks, unless they only do it with people with higher limits. Cap1 is a little bit crazy. 

Message 4 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Nice !!

It's definitely possible to PC your rebuilder card if it is a platinum or something other than like a secured. They PCd my Cap1 Platinum MC to the cash rewards with no issue after having it for 2 weeks, unless they only do it with people with higher limits. Cap1 is a little bit crazy. 

I don't agree. I spoke w/Cap One about PCing my $500 "platinum" MC and they informed me that it isn't eligible for PC. I would need to apply for a different card w/3 HP. There is a definite difference between Cap One's prime and sub-prime, and the word, "platinum" really means nothing in relation to that or ability to PC.

You probably had a prime CC, which was eligible for PC.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats, Ray! That card looks nice. I just don't want to take 3 hits for it. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Nice !!

I don't agree. I spoke w/Cap One about PCing my $500 "platinum" MC and they informed me that it isn't eligible for PC. I would need to apply for a different card w/3 HP. There is a definite difference between Cap One's prime and sub-prime, and the word, "platinum" really means nothing in relation to that or ability to PC.

You probably had a prime CC, which was eligible for PC.

Nope, was just a regular platinum card I applied for. I even asked them (since my CL was unbelievably high compared to other cap1's I have seen, especially since I had NO credit history at all at time of app) if I had the platinum or the platinum prestige (their prime plat) and they told me it was the regular "average" platinum card. 

Message 7 of 29
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I had the card for about 6 weeks. The chat rep was very nice about the change and it took all of 10 min to get it done.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 8 of 29
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

How would somebody know if they got Cap1 builder or prime ?

Two months after my BK back in 2004 I was send pre approved letter from Cap1 and got approved for $200 unsecured which is now at $6500 and no AF.

Thinking of maybe PC to someting else.

Message 9 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Cap1s "average" cards (from what I've read) cap at a $3000 initial limit, and at $3500 (after the credit steps CLI), but it might still be a "builder" card since that was all through CLIs, however, you're pretty much in prime-land with cap1. They tend to look more favorably upon people with higher CLs from what I've read. How did you get so many CLIs if you don't mind me asking. 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.