Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 - Product Change

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap 1 - Product Change

@RockinRay wrote:

I was able to product change from the Venture (fee) to the Cash Rewards card today with the 1% plus 50% year end bonus.

It was no problem to make this switch and I like the cash rewards as we do not travel that much. The 50% year end bonus will enable this card to fit quite well in to my portfolio. It will replace my USAA WMC as my everyday spending card.

For travel cards, I still have my Chase Southwest Visa as well as my Delta Amex Gold. I do not mind paying the annual fees on these two cards.

YMMV - but this PC was super easy for me.

CONGRATS!!

Always nice to hear somebody getting some Cap1 rare luv!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 29
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

I never asked for CLI it kinda went up on it's own. I do remember at one point I got 2 or 3k CLI and that was the end of it.

My Cap1 is Visa Platinum if that means anything and the account was opened in 2005.

Message 12 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

I never asked for CLI it kinda went up on it's own. I do remember at one point i got 2 or 3k CLI and that was the end of it.

Damn, I hope they treat me like that. Haha Smiley Very Happy 

Message 13 of 29
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

+1
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 14 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I've pretty much given up on any upgrades with cap1, they'll get my recurring charges and that's it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 29
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I was able to product change from the Venture (fee) to the Cash Rewards card today with the 1% plus 50% year end bonus.

It was no problem to make this switch and I like the cash rewards as we do not travel that much. The 50% year end bonus will enable this card to fit quite well in to my portfolio. It will replace my USAA WMC as my everyday spending card.

For travel cards, I still have my Chase Southwest Visa as well as my Delta Amex Gold. I do not mind paying the annual fees on these two cards.

YMMV - but this PC was super easy for me.

CONGRATS!!

Always nice to hear somebody getting some Cap1 rare luv!

Thanks! I have found them very easy to work with...  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 16 of 29
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Ive beenthinking of PC as well but not sure which to pick VentureOne or Cash Rewards hmmmmmm ?
I think Cash Rewards looks good.

Message 17 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I like the cash rewards, you technically get more cash back then you would miles (since you end up getting 1.5% as opposed to 1.25 with the venture one), but if you travel than the miles would be more useful. I just like that they post the rewards immediately, and through perk central you can earn up to 15% bonus rewards at some stores. 

With that limit if they PC you you might get the Visa Sig version of cash rewards. 

Message 18 of 29
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

What does the Visa Sig version of cash rewards do ? And is it someting i need to ask if they do agree to PC ?

Message 19 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I would ask about it. Visa sig cards have all the visa sig benefits (it's the top level visa card available in the US). It's a NPSL card, and it's just cool. Smiley Tongue 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.