Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 - Product Change

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 - Product Change

@jsucool76 wrote:

Cap1s "average" cards (from what I've read) cap at a $3000 initial limit, and at $3500 (after the credit steps CLI), but it might still be a "builder" card since that was all through CLIs, however, you're pretty much in prime-land with cap1. They tend to look more favorably upon people with higher CLs from what I've read. How did you get so many CLIs if you don't mind me asking. 

This is different than the sub-prime Cap One, which is usually in the "steps" program with CLs starting around $300 to $500 and an increase to around $500 to $750 (maybe from $750 to $1000, max). These cards cannot be PC'd to a "regular" Cap One card. The sub-prime and steps cards usually will not get a CLI beyond the step program, except in the rarest of situations.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 21 of 29
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

If they do give me a Signuture card NPSL doesn't that take away from no TOTAL credit line ? Ill be loosing 6.5K of limit right ?

and does that make my card like charge card needs to be paid in full  ?

Message 22 of 29
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

If they do give me a Signuture card NPSL doesn't that take away from no TOTAL credit line ? Ill be loosing 6.5K of limit right ?

and does that make my card like charge card needs to be paid in full  ?

No - my card reports the credit limit.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 23 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bichonmom
Thats upsetting, my card is in the credit steps program. I was hoping i was different since they gave me such a high starting limit :-(
Message 24 of 29
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Called Cap1 and after asking for upgrade was transferred to USA REP in Virginia WOW and got myself new VISA Signature card Cash Reward Smiley Happy

I'll have the card 7-10 woohoo

I was also eligible for venture One and Venture as well.

Message 25 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

Called Cap1 and after asking for upgrade was transferred to USA REP in Virginia WOW and got myself new VISA Signature card Cash Reward Smiley Happy

Congratulations. I'm a little jealous Smiley Very Happy 

Message 26 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@DeadSpider wrote:

Wow, that's fantastic! Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 27 of 29
ssghandless
Contributor

Could you PM the backdoor number you used? 

4/5/12 TU-635 Ex-634 Eq-646 (Kroll Fact. Home loan)
9/8/10 TU-654 Ex-627 Eq-638
8/1/10 TU-629 Ex-627 Eq-638

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 635
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 28 of 29
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

I just called the number back of my card.

Still waiting for card maybe today.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.