Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 QS vs NFCU cashRewards

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 QS vs NFCU cashRewards

It seems to me that their reward structures are the same. Am I missing anything?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap 1 QS vs NFCU cashRewards

@DigitalArk wrote:
It seems to me that their reward structures are the same. Am I missing anything?

Not sure but if you are eligable for NFCU get in with them, if not already!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They both say 1.5% cash back unless theres a fee somewhere, I have the QS and just started using it to get the cash back for everything, it shows quickly on your account

Message 3 of 8
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

NFCU is great to "get in" with.

I would say relationship, Customer service and starting limits along with CLIs are better on the NFCU side.

So if you can get with em DO IT Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 8
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Oh another thing is that NFCU being a CU, they are a little more lenient on approvals.  I know that Capital One is also but for example -

My scores were in the 570's yet they gave me a cash rewards card with a 3k limit about a year or so ago.  Wife was a little higher and they gave her a 4k goRewards around the same time.

Sorry got off topic....rewards wise though, the same as far as I can see Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Jarnog wrote:

NFCU is great to "get in" with.

I would say relationship, Customer service and starting limits along with CLIs are better on the NFCU side.

So if you can get with em DO IT Smiley Tongue

Agree rewards might be same, everything else isnt comparable.

Message 6 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Love my Cash Rewards. I just transfer my cash right into my accounts whenever I feel like. Easy peasy. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

From what I understand: Cap One, for everyone but not great with CSR or CLI (except, as it seems, with the new Venture and some Q/S they're great with limits)

NFCU gives out-of-world limits but not for everyone. However people who're banking with them seem to swear by them so if you're eligible, just go with it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.