Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 QS1.

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 QS1.

Just received my Cap 1 QS1 in the mail yesterday, with a starting CL of $500. I have already maxed it out at $496 and just waiting for it to post and not just be pending so I can PIF and do over and over. I plan on running 2k or so through it a month. Will this help me get a larger CLI at the 5th statement? It should be in the steps program although I haven't been informed yet.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 QS1.

@cartwrna wrote:
Just received my Cap 1 QS1 in the mail yesterday, with a starting CL of $500. I have already maxed it out at $496 and just waiting for it to post and not just be pending so I can PIF and do over and over. I plan on running 2k or so through it a month. Will this help me get a larger CLI at the 5th statement? It should be in the steps program although I haven't been informed yet.

It is really YMMV, Nothing is guaranteed.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@cartwrna wrote:

It is really YMMV, Nothing is guaranteed.

+1, Good luck

Message 3 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

It wouldn't hurt, I would think.
Message 4 of 6
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Thanks! I've had a secured card with them since 2012, just never decided to app for an unsecured. Finally did and eventually was approved for the QS1. I'll put money through it like its going out of style, worse case scenario the EOs get to know me very well haha.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they're noticing you're running money through it.  Provided everything else is in order they are gonna want to give you a higher limit.  BUT, sometimes things can be arbitrary or illogical for all issuers and so it can be hard to lay out any absolutes.  In general they see it and will want to give you more for sure.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.