Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Question for card holders!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 Question for card holders!

Ok back in 2001 I noticed cap one on my credit report; however I did not own a cap one card! I disputed over and over again, but it never was removed! So long story short I ended up settling on the acct which it also states that on my CR! So my question is do you think I could get a card from them and if so do you think I can get the same card number/ open date from the so called original card? Thanx in advance!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Question for card holders!

Another card with them- sure

Old history- not with cap one.
Message 2 of 4
heirophant
Established Contributor

ccats704 wrote:
Ok back in 2001 I noticed cap one on my credit report; however I did not own a cap one card! I disputed over and over again, but it never was removed! So long story short I ended up settling on the acct which it also states that on my CR! So my question is do you think I could get a card from them and if so do you think I can get the same card number/ open date from the so called original card? Thanx in advance!

Why did you pay for an account you didn't own?  I would have sued if they wouldn't remove it.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no idea that I could do all of that back then! Thats why since I didnt have an account and I did pay for one I was wondering if I could reopen that account!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.